• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving PS

C

CARRIE0604

Hi everyone,
Can anyone tell me about their Thanksgiving Lunch/Dinner PS and where did you go?
I'm most interested in those places outside of the parks, I'm thinking that might be a good day to just relax, swim, shop and have our holiday meal. Ideas?
Carrie

carrie,

we'll be there over thanksgiving too and i have been pondering the same question, lol!

liberty tree tavern seems to be the favorite on thanksgiving, but it's in magic kingdom and it will be crowded! don't know if i want to be there that day-it sounds stressful to me!

many people seem to like 'ohana's; they have a traditional thanksgiving menu and are at the contemporary resort (though some say they like 'ohana's regular menu more). we have eaten there on other trips, regular menu, and really enjoyed it.

i like your idea of relaxing and shopping (an oxymoron, lol!). i guess i'm still undecided what to eat-all i know is that i'll be at disney for thanksgiving!

Hi Again,
I'm still looking for anyone out there who has made PS in the past for THANKSGIVING at one of the Resort Restaurants. I'm wanting to stay away from the parks that day and need your input! How was your experience? etc...
Thanks,
Carrie

We're in the same boat Carrie. We're thinking of eating at WS in Epcot. No way am I going anywhere near MK on Thanksgiving Day!!! I'll have to scope out some places when we're there in August. Then we come home and 4 days later can make PSs for Thanksgiving trip.

Chef Mickeys is at the top of our list tho. That's in the Contemporary. Ohana would be nice over at the Polynesian also. Or maybe Artist Point at WL. Ohhhh, just can't decide.

We had dinner at Chef Mickey's last year. It was very convenient, as we stayed at WL and took the boat over. We got there about 5:30 and were seated in less than five minutes. The restaurant did not seem full at all and it was wonderful!

Have done this several times. I know the top choice for most guest is LTT, but the traditional meal is offered in pretty much all the Disney restaurants with the exception of WS at EC. Definitely make a PS 90 days in advance, for if you wait your choices will be fast food.

Have to say our fave holiday meals are at the Yachtsmans Steakhouse they have a great holiday menu and the service is very good. We have also dined at Boatwrights, Brown Derby, Yacht Club Galley (buffet), Concourse St, Trails End, Brown Derby and GF Cafe. None of them were bad we even had one Thanks meal delivered to our campsite at FW.

Here is a link to last years selections and Deb will update it when it gets closer.
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_thks.htm

We did not enjoy Artists Point Thanksgiving dinner three years ago. It just wasn't for us. This year we are thinking of Chef Mickey's for Thanksgiving dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter