• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving Desserts?

Beanie

~*Snoopy Fan Forever*~
Hey all...My parents are coming up from Florida in 2 weeks and we are going to have Thanksgiving Dinner while they are up here...I was wondering what you all make for desserts for that day? I always made a Chocolate Cream Pie and Pumpkin Pie, but I am looking for something different then pie...any suggestions?

Thanks

Beaniejumper

This sounds boring but I am a weight watcher and I also have diabetics in my family. I always make sure there is at least one desert that we can have. Last year I made a giant fruit salad and served lite cool whip on the side. There was plenty of pies and cake left over but there was not a morsel of the fruit salad left.

chessie

chocolate pudding mix.......that with skim or lite milk and she can have my chocolate cream pie......also use cool whip free.....not bad at all.......another thing that diabetics can have is angel food cake with fresh strawberries and cool whip again.......this is a good one for all

How about Pumpkin Chesecake for a change?

This is a new one for us but one that gets made often!

Eclair Cake

1 Box of Honey Graham Crackers
2 Boxes of French Vanilla Pudding
1 8oz. Cool Whip
3C Milk

Icing: 1 can Choc. Frosting

Make pudding according to directions with 3 cups of milk. Mix cool whip in pudding. Layer bottom of 9 x 13 pan with graham crackers. Spread half of the pudding/cool whip mixture over the crackers. Pour remaining mixture over crackers. Put a layer of crackers on top. Then spread icing on top of crackers and refrigerate overnight.

TK

I bumped the thread with all the great apple recipes...there might be something tasty there for your Thanksgiving dinner.

Have fun,
Candi

Thanks so much for all the great ideas!!...I think I am going to have to many desserts now!! LOL...I really like the Fruit Salad idea and the Pumpkin Cheesecake sounds heavenly...I think I will definitely make the Eclair Cake...how scrumptious! I knew I could count on you all!! Thanks again!!:)

I've made the Eclair cake myself. I tried it at a pot luck party where someone brought it and we ate it up. My tip for the icing it to heat it in the microwave so you can pour it over the cake. It is much easier to spread this way. If you don't have a microwave you can heat it in a pot on the stove.

We always have tons of pies, I guess because it's the 'tradiditonal' Thanksgiving desert! But I may do the eclairs this year, too. Or a carrot cake. Or maybe both. Since my sister does Thanksgiving at her house, I'm doing all the deserts. And I'll probably put some gingerbread together so we can decorate gingerbread houses after we eat, which we started doing with our kids (all teens) a couple of years ago. It's a lot of fun...

By the way, Beanie, love your hidden mickey!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter