Thanksgiving Day Hotel dinner / buffet options

2 yl's

Earning My Ears
We will be at PBH for Thanksgiving, wondering if anyone has first hand knowledge of the onsite hotel dinner buffets?

I found last years buffet menus (and all the prior years)...

Any input? good? bad? just meh?

Doesn't have to be PBH if anyone has a better suggestion let me hear it...

Just a family of 4, including 2 boys 11 & 12 who can eat like nobody's business, we have stayed onsite many times, just never for a holiday....

We went to mythos on thanksgiving day in 2016. To my surprise there was nothing, not even a special turkey sandwich! So my only advice is, if you want thanksgiving food, stick to the hotels.

I have no personal experience. I have looked at tripadvisor and the reviews are not very current. We are staying at RPR so I reserved at Islands dining room there. Perhaps someone will chime in with their experience!

Not Thanksgiving, but we did the Christmas Day buffet at Portofino last year. It was nice, but very expensive for a family of 5 (the other hotels had cheaper options, but the food choices at PBH lined up better to what our family likes.)

Everything we had was good, but there's no way we ate our 'monies worth'.

We aimed for 2:00 - 3:00 IIRC. We figured that would get us out of the park during the busy afternoon, we could stuff ourselves, then head back to our rooms for a rest. Then we'd be able to head back to the park later. That worked for us, but loading up at a buffet will take a chunk out of your park time.

Would we do it again? Probably, but we might try one of the less expensive options.

Thanks. We will be 6 adults so I know it won't be cheap, hoping I will get my AP discount at least. I was thinking along similar time frame, 3:00 for a break from the parks. Other option would be going offsite somewhere, but that would take even longer.

We have done the Thanksgiving buffet at The Kitchen at the HRH the past 2 years and will be there again this year. It is a great meal. All the traditional Thanksgiving items and more. Plus characters and magic from my family’s favorite magician Doug Otto. It is overpriced, but it is Thanksgiving, so that is pretty much to be expected. I haven’t been anywhere else at Universal for Thanksgiving, but I’ve heard the hotel buffets are all pretty comparable to the HRH.

We will be at PBH for Thanksgiving, wondering if anyone has first hand knowledge of the onsite hotel dinner buffets?

I found last years buffet menus (and all the prior years)...

Any input? good? bad? just meh?

Doesn't have to be PBH if anyone has a better suggestion let me hear it...

Just a family of 4, including 2 boys 11 & 12 who can eat like nobody's business, we have stayed onsite many times, just never for a holiday....

The only thing I can add to this discussion is book a reservation soon.
Do not wait until you check into the hotel to make one.

We have done the Thanksgiving buffet at The Kitchen at the HRH the past 2 years and will be there again this year. It is a great meal. All the traditional Thanksgiving items and more. Plus characters and magic from my family’s favorite magician Doug Otto. It is overpriced, but it is Thanksgiving, so that is pretty much to be expected. I haven’t been anywhere else at Universal for Thanksgiving, but I’ve heard the hotel buffets are all pretty comparable to the HRH.
thank you for this glad to hear!!!...I am so happy not to have to cook I could care less how much, were gonna give the PBH buffet a shot

The only thing I can add to this discussion is book a reservation soon.
Do not wait until you check into the hotel to make one.
I assumed so...DW or should I say RCW...(rotten crabby wife...bro's got my back on this I hope lol it happens) called 2 days ago they said they are not taking reservations just yet, seemed odd, I'll call back later this week

Hard Rock Cafe is doing a Thanksgiving meal. I don't know anything about it though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter