• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

thanks to Pirates and Crush

Christine43

Mouseketeer
I took my sons to DW in Aug 06 and I want to thank Captain Jack and his pirate buddy. They picked my son as one of the initiates and my son got to "fight" Captain Jack. He had a safari hat on that they got a big kick out of. What they didn't know was my son has Asperger's Syndrome had a horrible year at school and was picked on mercilessly that year. Having those pirates choose him out of the crowd made his year and they were fantastic with him. I think they got a kick out of him too because he took his role very seriously. Thank you very, very much, I hope you see this because you made a lonely boy very, very happy.
During the same trip when we went to Turtle Talk, Crush picked my son and his twin brother who is autistic. Crush was also amused by my son who asks very big questions. Whoever Crush is he cannot imagine the sheer joy he gave those boys. These are memories they will have for the rest of their lives and caused such happiness. Thanks so so much. Christine

What touching stories!

Please take time to write to Disney via either snail mail or e-mail to let them know about your feelings. These cast members work so hard and so much of their careers is based on guest feedback.

I had a similar experience last Aug (2006). My 10 year old son is also autistic (Asperger's) and he was chosen to interact with Crush. He was soooo excited and still talks about it when we bring up our Disney trip. I think that DW is such a great place for all children, but especially those children with special needs. :love:

That was a very touching story that brought tears to my eyes reading it. I am so glad that they had a little extra magic while at Disney!:goodvibes Definately write Disney and let them know, I'm sure they would love to hear from you!

I want to thank everyone who responded to this and I did write Disney to thank them for our experiences there in August. We are going back in October and we can't wait although I did tell Tristan that even if he were picked by the pirates again, he should give another child the chance who hasn't had the opportunity yet and he agreed. Maybe Merlin will pick him this year, he'll be dressed as Harry Potter, who knows? It would be great if his autistic twin brother got to fight a pirate though, we'll see. When I see these guys again I plan to thank them in person, same for Crush (atleast the girl with the microphone to pass it along). Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter