Thanks for the invites, but . . . . . . .

Oh no! This thread just popped up. I had no idea how much you've been though Rusty :(.

It sounds like you are on your way to healing. I'm looking forward to hearing about Avatar in a couple of days. I'm sending more healing energy your way!'

It sounds like you are on your way to healing.

1) We will know within the next two weeks.
2) This week:
. . . Appointment with spine doctor and "Pain Management" doctor.
. . . Another spine doctor said "lifelong pain and every-two-week" physical therapy
. . . Hopefully this doc will have better info
3) Next Week:
. . . Appointment with ankle doctor
. . . I have not been weight-bearing on the ankle since Feb-15
. . . It would be nice to try to walk, again
4) Thanks for your wishes.

NOTE: If the back and ankle are not right, I might not be allowed to return to work at WDW, whether I decided to finally retire or not. WDW night not have spot for me to fill, with the disabilities (can't stand for work nor walk distances for extended periods).

it's no doubt people care about you and want to repay favors given

1) Any time I can help another CM take care of a guest, it is a worthwhile feeling.
2) Giving magic or Pixie Dust doesn't have to be a major thing, it can just be a tiny favor.
3) I have been utterly amazed when a small thing (at least, to me) made a guest smile. *

* I can remember the time I was able to arrange an autographed character picture for a little kid and slid under the room door while they were at dinner. A little while latter, the mother came up to the counter to ask who did this. Of course, NONE of us would admit to it nor point her in the right direction. She asked each of us at least twice, and none of us admitted to it. I heard her explain to my fellow concierge in the next station how sick her daughter was, and this was to be her last visit to WDW and she wanted so much for an autograph. When hearing this, I told the other two Concierge I needed a break and almost ran into the back room AND BROKE DOWN. (A rinky-dinky photo and autograph, and it meant this much! Sometimes we simply do not know the impact our actions have on others !!! ... ARK = Act of Random Kindness)

Giving magic or Pixie Dust doesn't have to be a major thing, it can just be a tiny favor.
And it's often amazing how something so small can pay in so many great ways.

Thank you Rusty for all you have done for all the folks over the years. Still sending good vibes to you for quick healing.

I have been off the boards for a while. Oh my goodness. Praying for continued recovery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter