Thank you, Minnie

BrerMom

DIS Veteran
DS2 was very apprehensive of characters when we visited a year and a half ago. We were hoping he'd be fine now that he's almost three. We talked and talked about the characters and watched numerous videos showing the characters.

We were at Chef Mickey's on Mother's Day at 6:00. When we were in the lobby, DS2 started acting the same way he had before: See Donald? Hide behind mom. See Chip? Try to get away. Oh rats, here we go again. After we were seated, the characters started coming around. We'd seen two or three characters. DD11 and DS8 had a grand time and DS2 would wave and lean away. They respected his wish to be left alone and I appreciate that; it didn't add to his fear.

And then Minnie arrived. You would have thought she was the light of his life. ;) "Min-NIE!!! I see Min-NIE!!!" Minnie knelt beside him until he stopped leaning away. When she stood up, he jumped down and hugged her.

He was fine with ALL the characters for the next two days! Even very tall Goofy!

AND we ended up taking a DS2-sized Minnie home on the plane with us. :cool: :jester:

(edited for grammar correction)

Minnie has an amazing way with young children! She is my 3 1/2 yr old dd's favorite. We saw her everyday of our last trip earlier this month, most of the time by pure luck, and when my aunt and uncle told her to pick out anything she wanted at the POLY gift shop, she passed on the princesses and wanted a Minnie doll, probably the same one your DS took home with him! She still loves to take her Minnie all over:)

I'm gonna bring a printout of this thread to work tomorrow... some CM's deserve recognition for this

Thank you!!! This trip was so much fun for the whole family. Minnie really helped get our magical vacation off to a great start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter