Thank You Captain Andy, Thank You Captain Andy, Thank You Captain Andy

NCPAWPAW

Mouseketeer
Just off the Dream and while the weather around Florida all week has been questionable, we ended up with beautiful weather. But most of the credit has to go to the Captain, Captain Andy. Our scheduled Castaway Cay day was Wednesday. On Wednesday morning we were able to dock, gang planks were put out and all ashore was not far off, but then the thunderstorms rolled in and the radar did not look good. The Captain advised us he had no choice but to abandon the day there. Everyone was extremely disappointed, but the Captain promised to try and make it up to us. Well Captain Andy parted the sky's and found us some sunshine southwest of Freeport, and then later that day he announced we would return to Castaway Cay the next day. Well Thursday ended up being another beautiful sunny day and we were able to really enjoy Castaway Cay. Captain Andy really saved our cruise, and I was again thankful that I chose to sail on Disney because I know to do this was very costly and I'm not so sure other lines would. So thanks again Captain Andy!!!!

Glad you had a good experience.

I was again thankful that I chose to sail on Disney because I know to do this was very costly and I'm not so sure other lines would

Of course they would.

Any Captain is trying to find the calmest waters and the nicest time for their guests.

If another ship had been scheduled to be at castaway on Thursday it wouldn’t have been possible for you, though. At least on other cruise line islands, depending on the size of the ship, they can sometimes accommodate more than one.

But if another ship had been slated that day y’all would have been out of luck.

As for expense, it’s also expensive to have to compensate passengers for such rough seas that people fall out of beds, etc. Find videos of the dcl cruise during hurricane sandy to see what that captain got to learn from his choices...

(And every cruise line has a story like that. Just mentioning it so you know Disney isn’t immune to mistakes, and the Captain will try to find a good spot to be in, because to compensate for a rotten time is likely more expensive than extra fuel)

He was doing his job. Going to castaways cay the next day I’m sure came from higher up.

Glad you had a good experience.

Of course they would.

Any Captain is trying to find the calmest waters and the nicest time for their guests.

If another ship had been scheduled to be at castaway on Thursday it wouldn’t have been possible for you, though. At least on other cruise line islands, depending on the size of the ship, they can sometimes accommodate more than one.

But if another ship had been slated that day y’all would have been out of luck.

As for expense, it’s also expensive to have to compensate passengers for such rough seas that people fall out of beds, etc. Find videos of the dcl cruise during hurricane sandy to see what that captain got to learn from his choices...

(And every cruise line has a story like that. Just mentioning it so you know Disney isn’t immune to mistakes, and the Captain will try to find a good spot to be in, because to compensate for a rotten time is likely more expensive than extra fuel)

Yup yup! Early in the evening of my MDAS it was windy as heck and spitting rain, and they kept delaying the start of the Mickey and friends superhero deck party (so not the big deck show, but an earlier, kidsier deck show). It had me very worried about the later deck show, which had been one of the big draws of MDAS for me, but when I mentioned my concerns to a crew member I'd grown acquainted with she assured me that the captain would certainly already be working on finding and sailing into better weather. Lo and behold, by the time the main deck show was scheduled to happen we were under clear skies and on relatively calm seas (they subbed out one or two of the riskier stunts because the ship wasn't quite still and dry enough for everything, but the show was still tons of fun).

Of course they would.
You don't know this for sure, you can only assume they would. The only other cruise lines I have been on other than Disney is Royal and Carnival and both of them give me the impression when I am on them is bottom line and the need to nickle and dime you to make the cruise profitable. It would have been very easy and cheaper to just sit in port all day, but they didn't.

Just off the Dream and while the weather around Florida all week has been questionable, we ended up with beautiful weather. But most of the credit has to go to the Captain, Captain Andy. Our scheduled Castaway Cay day was Wednesday. On Wednesday morning we were able to dock, gang planks were put out and all ashore was not far off, but then the thunderstorms rolled in and the radar did not look good. The Captain advised us he had no choice but to abandon the day there. Everyone was extremely disappointed, but the Captain promised to try and make it up to us. Well Captain Andy parted the sky's and found us some sunshine southwest of Freeport, and then later that day he announced we would return to Castaway Cay the next day. Well Thursday ended up being another beautiful sunny day and we were able to really enjoy Castaway Cay. Captain Andy really saved our cruise, and I was again thankful that I chose to sail on Disney because I know to do this was very costly and I'm not so sure other lines would. So thanks again Captain Andy!!!!

That's fantastic!! I was curious as to who your cruise director was. We'll be onboard on 6/1. Thanks!

I'm glad you had a great experience and that the captain went the extra mile. DCL rocks!

Captain Andy really saved our cruise, and I was again thankful that I chose to sail on Disney because I know to do this was very costly and I'm not so sure other lines would. So thanks again Captain Andy!!!!

The Disney difference. Just another reason that I pay double to cruise with Disney. So glad Disney hasn't let the bean counters completely take over the company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter