Teva's or Birks?

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
I am looking for a good sandal for our trip. What do you recommend?

I will put in a vote for Chaco sandals. I know you were specifically asking about Tevas or Birks, and I have Birks, but I like Chacos for serious walking. PLUS, they can get wet without any problems - it's really what they were originally made for, water sports.

Good Luck!

....For Tevas!

I have been breaking in my Men's Leather Circuits for a month or so now and I would live in them if I could wear them to work.

I recently bought the Nike Straprunner for our August trip. LOVE THEM! So much so, just bought some for my DDs. No matter what you decide, be sure to get them lovingly broke in before you go.

I have both Tevas and Birkenstocks. The Tevas work better in rain, they are the standard web and rubber. The Birks are ancient and beat the Tevas for comfort, but the cork doesn't do so well in the wet (are they still even made of cork???) .

I just got back from a cruise followed by the park. I lived in my Tevas! I took my tennies thinking that I'd definitely need them to walk on Key West and in the park. My Tevas worked way better and my feet were cooler! Of course, everyone's different, but for me, I'll never take tennies again!

I've been breaking in my Men's Circuit Leather sandals for a month or so now. They are fantastic! I find them just as comfortable as my New Balance cross-trainers! I think a lot depends on particular foot sizes since they only make them in whole sizes. They tell you that half sizes should order UP, but I wear 8-1/2 regular shoes and the size 9 tevas are too big. The size 8's are perfect, though.

My Birks! I don't know what I would have done without them.... and I don't know what the others were up to, but mine never got wet!;)

Holly

I took my well worn 4 year old Birks to Hot Springs last summer thinking they would be the most comfortable.

Well they are leather and even though they never rubbed blisters before---in the 100 degree heat they sure did!!

It was miserable. I will be looking into a different sandle this time.

Something that dries easily and has a soft underside.

I wouldn't take Birks again.:(

Rooth

:D My daughter and I bought the leather circuit trainers and spent 8 days walking around in Disneyland. I absolutely loved mine!! I took my easy spirit tennies just in case and I hardly wore them at all. My 20 yr. old however seemed to do better with the tennies. She's very prone to blisters. We took mole skin and blister bandaides and sprayed our feet with deodorant and didn't get one blister at all!! :bounce: I love my tevas. I would take them anywhere with me.

Rockport sport sandal!!! They are men's shoes, but I loved them and my feet did great with 8 days of WDW and Universal this May. Bought them at Marshall's for $16. They are completely padded all the way around and have a tennis shoe type bottom, with a nice arch and padding.
I will stop at sporting good chain stores for our next trip to get sport sandals for the whole family. These sporting good stores (around here they are Gander Mountain, Dick's Sporting Goods, Scheels, Durham Sports etc) They carry ALL kinds of sandals, so you can try them on and see what you like. I'll bet they will be cheeper when summer is over. I'll look then for next May:D
I bought a cheaper pair at Wal Mart for about $6,and they felt great at the store, but when my DH wore them around for about 11 miles one day at WDW, they were not so comfy.

Allow me to throw another sandal into the discission:

Nevados by Costco are about $13.50, have leather uppers, rubber soles, and have been a joy on my last two trips to WDW!

They are completely comfortable, kept me very cool in 90º+ weather, and absolutely perfect for any water rides.

I have not tried Birkenstock or Tevas and doubt I will considering Nevados are at least a third of the price.

My two cents, Steve :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter