Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - 11/18 UPDATE! P25 - Leaving on a jet plane

Well, he will be in WDW from February 8 - 12? I don't remember the end date. Hope this helps.

Hi

When's the new TR start? :wizard:

Bye

---------------more than 2 orange cats

Well, he will be in WDW from February 8 - 12? I don't remember the end date. Hope this helps.

Yup. I leave for the World early morning Feb. 8th.... but won't arrive probably until early early morning of the 9th....
All will be explained.... later.
My last full day (or any part of the day, really) is the 12th, home on the 13th.

And... just how many orange cats are we talking here???

Yea! A new TR! I'm going to try to follow along and keep up this time, instead of reading a page here and there.

Yea! A new TR! I'm going to try to follow along and keep up this time, instead of reading a page here and there.

Okay, I'll hold you to that.
If you don't, I'm sending out a polar bear after you.

You've been warned... (cue foreboding music)

How many is too many???.....

That's how many we have

Anyone have a cheap car for sale? Mine died. It's twelve years old and we don't want to put any more money into. Life really seems to want me to drink lemonade.

That's how many we have

Anyone have a cheap car for sale? Mine died. It's twelve years old and we don't want to put any more money into. Life really seems to want me to drink lemonade.

How many cats do you have? Now I'm really curious. :scratchin

We just acquired a car for my daughter who is leaving for the Disney College Program next week. Be careful to check your new to you car. Her car has a nice oil leak. The mechanic said that it's dangerous to drive because it could catch fire. :eek: So, the car will be staying with us for its repairs and she will be taking a different car for now. Hopefully that car will survive for her. :thumbsup2

That's how many we have

Hmmmm..... so that could be (depending on the person) anywhere from 1 to....
all the cats in the world.

Anyone have a cheap car for sale? Mine died. It's twelve years old and we don't want to put any more money into.

No, but someone may have just written ours off.
It's our third car that we were going to "sell" to Elle.
It's still in great shape, but it's eleven years old.
Someone backed into it and insurance says it's about $2,500 damage...
might be more.
If it gets up to $4,000 - $4,500.... poof. No more car.

Only good news there is the guy who hit it came to our house to tell us he did it and so we don't have to pay our deductible.

Life really seems to want me to drink lemonade.

Well, you know what they say, "If life gives you lemonade, dehydrate it and make lemons."

Or something like that.

How many cats do you have? Now I'm really curious. :scratchin

Wait....

You're curious.... about cats???

:rotfl:

We just acquired a car for my daughter who is leaving for the Disney College Program next week. Be careful to check your new to you car. Her car has a nice oil leak. The mechanic said that it's dangerous to drive because it could catch fire. :eek: So, the car will be staying with us for its repairs and she will be taking a different car for now. Hopefully that car will survive for her. :thumbsup2

Oy. "Enjoy your new car, sweetie. If it blows up, let us know!"

Cars.

A black hole that money disappears into.

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. And try to find someone who's life has given them vodka, and have a party. (Ron White)

I'm not positive if I've seen him or not.
I read a transcript of some of his stuff and it sounded familiar, but... :confused3

Hijacking the thread 'cause I'm too lazy to start something new. Just thought I would share our upcoming plans with friends here.

I know Ponzi is really close to his departure, but the excitement is starting to build for our newly extended March trip too! I got an offer from Silver Lake Resort (we own there, but have never actually been there) for a three night stay in a 2BR unit for $125. So I called to see if I was able to tack it onto the start of our vacation, and it was available! And to get this great rate, all I have to do is sit through a 90 minute (read 3 hour) "Owners Update" while repeating my favorite mantra "no, no, no, no, no...NO!" Really, I don’t mind a quick sales presentation if it gets me 3 extra days. I also figure it’s about time I stayed there as we’ve owned this place for 6 years now; it’s a really nice trader to other destinations, but we love our home at Sheraton Vistana Resort (where we also own) so that’s where we stay in Orlando.

This has been a very tough year for us; we lost my sister in October to Huntington Disease after a very long protracted battle, and then in November (Black Friday of all days!) our DS was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. Two days ago now, I found that the government wants to totally rearrange the program I got off the ground here, and probably eliminate my job in the process (I’m still fighting this battle!) God (or fate, or whatever your belief system) sends these things our way to test our strength, and our family is strong. But still a vacation is well deserved I feel. No?

So here’s the plan. CJ (DS) and I leave early Tuesday morning March 10th to start the long drive down. We’ll get as far as we can until I feel I can’t drive anymore. Anything over 12 hours is a bonus, I’m hoping for 16. CJ will probably have his G1 (learner’s permit) but unfortunately he can’t help with freeway driving; learners have to respect the laws of their home state/province, and those of the state they are visiting so no limited access 4 lane freeways for him. We’ll grab a hotel when I get too tired to drive, and then finish off the rest of the 24 hour drive the next day.

I’m thinking about doing a dash-cam time-lapse of the drive down using the new GoPro toy the boys got for Christmas. I think I can compress the 24 drive into about 12 minutes of video. Could be fun! Just waiting for the windshield mount to arrive all the way from Hong Kong China. Thinking that time lapse trip wouldn't be too fun - 3 weeks of blackness inside some shipping container...

Hoping to arrive in Orlando late on Wednesday afternoon and head immediately to Silver Lake Resort. We’ll grab some groceries and settle in. That leaves us Thursday and Friday for a bit of father/son bonding. So far the plan is to hit DHS (A+ doesn’t like this park much), maybe a first shot at USO/IOA, and probably a visit to DQ. I have to fit in the aforementioned timeshare sales pitch too. Saturday we’ll pack up, motor out to MCO to pick up A+ around noon (school board won’t let her have the extra time off before March break), and then check in to Sheraton Vistana Resort.

We love SVR; it really feels like a home away from home. But some major renovations and timing have kept us out of our owned unit for the past 3 trips. This is our first time seeing it since the reno’s were completed about 3 years ago. It’s a huge 2BR footprint, and I can’t wait to see what it looks like with granite kitchen and new neutral décor. The old style was very Miami Vice.

Still working out the details of what we will do and when for week two; but need to get this down in the next couple of weeks as our 30day FP+ window opens soon. There will be a trip USO/IOA to see the new Harry Potter stuff, and to ride The Hulk (and Dragon Challenge if CJ can talk me into it one more time). I’m sure that MK is in the works one day (hopefully with FP+ for 7DMT if I can snag ‘em), and we always love AK. Need some time for shopping therapy; but with the way the C$ has been plummeting lately, there may not be too much of that. Also the regular visit to Siesta Key (Sarasota) for a beach day and to visit with our snow-birding relations. There have to be a couple of down days in there too to recuperate.

Saturday the 21st will see us back on the road again, heading back to the land of the ice and snow. Another 24 hours of driving, but I do have A+ to share with this time. We’ll stop once for an overnight, but expect to arrive back home late Sunday tired and happy to see our BlackCats2. They probably won’t care too much about the absence – DD is now in college and can’t join us so is our official house-sitter, kitty-snuggler while we travel.

As I said, excitement is creeping in. I got my Florida SunPass in the mail yesterday, and Saturday may be warm enough to actually get it to stick to the windshield. It's these little things that keep the spark going as the final weeks count down.

Wow, M Ross, I thought my 18 hours drive was rough! 24 hours of driving! :crazy2:

It sounds like you have a fun week planned. Be sure to give us an update on USO/IOA. I want to hear about the new Harry Potter stuff. :thumbsup2

Hijacking the thread 'cause I'm too lazy to start something new.

Seems reasonable.

The laziness part of course.... :rolleyes:

I know Ponzi is really close to his departure,

Oh? I hadn't really given it much thought...

16 DAYS! 16 DAYS! 16! 16! 16! 16!
skipping.gif

<ahem> :blush:

Don't mind me.

but the excitement is starting to build for our newly extended March trip too!

Don'tcha love that feeling!?

I got an offer from Silver Lake Resort (we own there, but have never actually been there) for a three night stay in a 2BR unit for $125.

sl.jpeg

And to get this great rate, all I have to do is sit through a 90 minute (read 3 hour) "Owners Update" while repeating my favorite mantra "no, no, no, no, no...NO!" Really, I don’t mind a quick sales presentation if it gets me 3 extra days.

We've done this twice and I completely agree with everything you just said.
(Please make a note as this is a very, very rare occurrence.)

First time was a weekend at a local "resort" (quotes used because it was more of a motel with cabins scattered about.) for $50.
The presentation was painless, I suspect because the young girl had gotten used to rejection.

The other was for a timeshare in Hawaii.
Very beautiful resort... very high pressure sales.
The hook here was for a BOGO coupon booklet and free lunch.
(We figured later on that we saved about $650 with that book.)
We kept being pushed to "BUY RIGHT NOW!! DO IT!!!!!"

We only got out of there by promising... and I really mean it, absolutely, no fooling promising, that we'd think it over.

And we did.

We got into our rental car, started it up, began to roll and I turned my head and said to Ruby:
"So? What do you think?"
Ruby immediately replied. "Nope! What do you think?"
I said. "Nope! Well, I guess we thought it over!"
We drove off on our merry way, laughing hysterically.

I also figure it’s about time I stayed there as we’ve owned this place for 6 years now

That sounds.... weird.
I get the trading aspect, and that's what we'd have done with the first timeshare we looked at...
But still....

"Honey? I just bought us a brand new car!"
"Really???? Can we go for a ride?"
"Yes! But we're going to borrow someone else's car, okay?"
"But what about our car?"
"We'll try it out later."
"How much later?"
"Six years."

This has been a very tough year for us; we lost my sister in October to Huntington Disease after a very long protracted battle, and then in November (Black Friday of all days!) our DS was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. Two days ago now, I found that the government wants to totally rearrange the program I got off the ground here, and probably eliminate my job in the process

Sorry to hear about all that, M.
:hug:

But still a vacation is well deserved I feel. No?

No!

I mean Yes! Yes it is!

CJ will probably have his G1 (learner’s permit) but unfortunately he can’t help with freeway driving; learners have to respect the laws of their home state/province, and those of the state they are visiting so no limited access 4 lane freeways for him. We’ll grab a hotel when I get too tired to drive, and then finish off the rest of the 24 hour drive the next day.

I read that and immediately thought, "Hey! You know what you can do?"
Then I thought, no, you know what you (as in I) can do?
You can keep your big yap shut, that's what.
They've got it all figured out and are happy, so zip it.

Always special to get unsolicited advice from people who know you and your situation much better than you do.

I’m thinking about doing a dash-cam time-lapse of the drive down using the new GoPro toy the boys got for Christmas. I think I can compress the 24 drive into about 12 minutes of video. Could be fun!

That would be!
Wish we could've done that for some of our driving trips.
Colour me envious! :laughing:

Just waiting for the windshield mount to arrive all the way from Hong Kong China. Thinking that time lapse trip wouldn't be too fun - 3 weeks of blackness inside some shipping container...

I disagree! What if the camera was switched on right at the assembly line... and not put in a box.
You could watch its travels through China up to the point where it's stuffed in the shipping container.

Agreed, from that point until it arrives in LA (or wherever) it might be a tad dull.

Kind of like "How it's shipped" instead of "How it's made".

That leaves us Thursday and Friday for a bit of father/son bonding.

Nice. :thumbsup2

This is our first time seeing it since the reno’s were completed about 3 years ago. It’s a huge 2BR footprint, and I can’t wait to see what it looks like with granite kitchen and new neutral décor.

Sounds nice.

The old style was very Miami Vice.

:crazy2:

but with the way the C$ has been plummeting lately

ugh. Tell me about it! I keep watching as my trip keeps getting more, and more expensive!

On the other hand, I'm saving on gas right now, so I guess I can't complain too much.

expect to arrive back home late Sunday tired and happy to see our BlackCats2.

You sure there's only two?
We've been down this road before, ya know!

:lmao:

They probably won’t care too much about the absence – DD is now in college and can’t join us so is our official house-sitter, kitty-snuggler while we travel.

Isn't it nice to have built-in house sitters/animal caretakers?

It's these little things that keep the spark going as the final weeks count down.

::yes:: I keep getting little bits in the mail.
"pkondz! You can make your fastpass+ reservations now!"
"pkondz! Don't forget to buy Memory Maker!"

It's either all done already, or not going to be done....
But I love it.

Wow, M Ross, I thought my 18 hours drive was rough! 24 hours of driving! :crazy2:

I always forget just how long it is from Winnipeg.
(Even though I've done it a few times.)
Fire up Google maps, plug in the two points.

30 hours.

I wonder how far west you have to get before you just say no?

Calgary is about 42 hours, Vancouver 47.

82 From Anchorage.

I always forget just how long it is from Winnipeg.
(Even though I've done it a few times.)
Fire up Google maps, plug in the two points.

30 hours.

I wonder how far west you have to get before you just say no?

Calgary is about 42 hours, Vancouver 47.

82 From Anchorage.

So, planning to move to Anchorage? Seems like it would be better to fly to WDW than drive, just sayin'.

So, planning to move to Anchorage? Seems like it would be better to fly to WDW than drive, just sayin'.

Nahhhh.... Been north, done that.

Given enough time... I'd rather drive than fly.
I love seeing the country, new cities.
I like saying stuff like, "Chattanooga? Yeah, I've been there."
(And I have, too!)

I like getting to the hotel after a long day.... and know that I
a) don't have to cook
b) don't have to do dishes
c) don't have to clean
d) heck, don't even have to make the bed!

But.... If I've got five days off... and want to spend, oh, say five days in Disney...
Well then I gotta fly.

What is this? Too weird.

I am not allowed to disclose the number of cats we have. Its definately harder in the winter when the are all cooped up inside and get cabin fever.

So the new TR starts on the 13th?

What is this? Too weird.

Well, I can honestly say that I hate... hate... the new DISboards.

I am not allowed to disclose the number of cats we have. Its definately harder in the winter when the are all cooped up inside and get cabin fever.

State (uh... Province?) secret, hunh? Okay.

So the new TR starts on the 13th?

Uh... might be a bit later than that. Gotta upload pictures, at least I assume I'll have some.

I can't seem to find the posts where you explain how your upcoming WDW trip was planned, but I'm super excited for you!

I can't seem to find the posts where you explain how your upcoming WDW trip was planned, but I'm super excited for you!

There's a reason you can't find it.... I'm keeping that story under wraps!
All will be reviled..... revealed in the TR
(So mysterious...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter