Taking little ones to Le Cellier

bbak30

DIS Veteran
Is it a bad idea to bring little ones to such an upscale restaurant? I mentioned getting an in-room babysitter one night so DH and I could go to a nice dinner with my parents. But since they have never been left with a stranger, that might not work out too great. Do you see a lot of kids in these places?

Le Cellier isn't even remotely close to an upscale restaurant. The place is packed, tables on top of one another, high noise level, many kids.

We're bringing our kids to "fancier" places like Cali Grill & Flying Fish, so you'll be fine. It's DISNEY!

I wouldn't consider it an upscale place. We brought our girls there last year, ages 4 and 2. We didn't have any problems, saw lots of kids! Go for it, unless you want to try an adults only night!

We're taking my 4 year old & 1 year old to Le Cellier. It is WDW so kids are everywhere. We are doing an earlier dinner.

I agree with the other people posting. Noise level is kind of loud and there are always children dining. We've been taking ours since they were 1 and 3 and never had a problem. Just be warned that a reservation doesn't mean you'll be seated when you walk through the door. Bring something to occupy them if that could be a problem. We've waiting anywhere from 15 minutes to almost an hour to be seated for our reservation.

:)If you want a night alone then you should leave the kids behind, but if you would like them with you they will fit in fine.

Le Cellier has the "feel" of an upscale place, but really isn't.
Yes it is a small place the tables are close together, but no so uncomfortably close.

We seen plenty of kids there, well behaved and enjoying their dinners. It definitely is kid friendly, but the focus is on adults, not the kids. Where a lot other places are focused on the kids.

And just an fyi, depending on your kids Disney's is very good with the dealings with "strangers" as babysitters.
Remember Disney is kid focused. Can you imagine the back lash if these babysitters weren't use to dealing with "strangers kids". ???
Yeah they are prepared for that. So unless your kids have severe issues with being left behind I think they would do well.
But of course only you know your kids.

Have a safe and fun trip!

Le Cellier is definitely NOT upscale. It is in a theme park and people eat there in their regular theme park clothes (shorts, t-shirts, flip flops, tank tops, etc.). Take your children with you and enjoy.

We went to Le Cellier two years ago for my daughter's third birthday. She had a blast, and they brought out a beautifully decorated cupcake and the sweetest card "signed by all the Canadians". We've taken the kids to even nicer restaurants at Disney, including California Grill (for Grace's fourth birthday) and the Yachtsman Steakhouse (three times). It's Disney. There are tons of kids EVERYWHERE.

Even outside of Disney, many of the nicer restaurants in Orlando are packed with kids. We went to Texas de Brazil last year, and was (pleasantly) surprised to see how many families were there.

grace3rdbirthday.jpg

My kids ate at LeCellier the year they were 2 & 3, and then again the next year. It was noisy and crowded, and our kids didn't stand out at all.

Awesome, thanks everyone. I have a lot to learn and this is definitely the right place!

Kiddos are not a problem at all at Le Cellier. :thumbsup2 That being said, if you want to have an adult's only dinner then go for that too. Someone gave me some advice once about dining at Disney that I really appreciated. Kids are pretty much welcome at most restaurants at WDW. However, if you taking your little ones is going to affect your enjoyment of YOUR meal, then you might want to think again at ANY restaurant. What I'm saying is, don't worry about other diners looks, stares, or comments. Only worry about you and your little family. Am I making sense? I feel like I'm rambling.............

Kids are what Disney is all about at least that's what we tell our addicted selves...so bring the tots, the desserts are great and the place is actually very fun.

I've got two great eaters so it's pretty easy for us. My son loved the steak ate every bite and he was on the adult DP...thing was mooing I couldn't go near it lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter