Taking Indoor photos with Kodak ES -CX6300

Hermosa11

<font color=deeppink>Have a good laugh and read th
I love this camera and love the photos it takes (3.1 pixel).
But I just cannot take a photo inside an a theatre setting.
I try with the flash, without, sport (people are moving).
All that I ending up getting are DARK photos with blurs of people.

Any tips?
Thanks

Unfortunately, you are probably asking your camera to try and do the impossible given its specifications. To do theatre photography you are going to need "fast" glass in the lens and high ISO sensitivity on the sensor. When I shoot theatre from the seats I have to use ISO of 800 to 1600 and a lens with a maximum aperture of f2.8 or less. Your built-in flash isn't going to help much since it's only good for about 12 feet or less.

I use a Kodak CX 7430 and when I shoot in doors I use the auto setting and turn the flash off as long as their is sufficient light and the pix come out fine.

Thank you for the information. Seriously! If my camera is not capable of taking these photos, then at least I know ! Darn it anyways, but thanks.
But let me ask..........how come I have been in the same indoor setting and a disposable would have taken better shots! A DISPOSABLE!
( i WILL bring both cameras and try the "setting it on auto and turning off flash"
to test things out)
Again Thanks for the response.

For starters, the ISO sensitivity range of your camera is 100 to 200. Most disposables today are loaded with ISO 800 film. That means that it takes four times the light to correctly expose an image with your digital set at it's highest ISO setting (200) than it does with a disposable loaded with 800 speed film.

There also the issue of "dynamic range". Dynamic Range is effectively the measure of how much you can "cheat" and deviate away from the correct exposure settings for a photo. Anotherwords, it's how much you can under-expose or over-expose an image and get away with it in the final product. Disposables are loaded with color negative film. Negative film has a higher dynamic range than either slide film or digital sensors as a whole. Therefore, if you under-expose a digital image more than a little and you get a dark image, but if you under-expose an image on negative film odds are the printer can salvage it in the printing process. It's the dynamic range that makes disposable cameras (with their fixed apertures and fixed shutter speeds regardless of lighting situation) practical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter