T-Rex, Yak & Yeti plus Landry's card - ADR needed?

So the way it works, or at least has worked for me is that it is really nothing more than a frequent flier type reward. Sign up and pay $25 at the resturaunt or on line (I think you can do it online) and you get the $25 back on your first visit. From there for every $200 you spend you get a $25 reward. When you eat there and present the card they ask you if you want to use any rewards or save them. So by setting you birthday date to your travel month you would have the money you paid for it in your account and your birthday reward. You cannot use both on the same visit and honestly I don't know or think you could get around it with a split bill since the card is in one person's name.

Nice feature and if you go on your birthday to WDW every year then you have a $25 discount. The value for my wife and I is we eat at Landry's all the time. When we are at WDW we only eat at Yak and Yeti and not Rainforest or T-Rex. We usually go to Pier 21 Fisherman's Wharf the most because we are 30 miles from Galveston but since they own Morton's, Landry,s, Cadallac Bar, The Aquerium etc in the Houston area there are a ton of places for us to go and earn rewards. I have had as much as $150 built up at one time. Just remember no alcohol can be paid with rewards.

And at Disney, they do offer the AP discount but if you use it, you can't earn points, it's one or the other. Since this is pretty much the only Landry establishment we eat at regularly we usually go with our discount. The only time we hit Gump's at City Walk is when everything else is slammed busy and we use our card to pass by the lines. Which is pretty much park closing times. We try to avoid eating then when possible.

Also to the best of my knowledge if you use the dining plan you wouldn't earn any points though I'm not 100% on this as I have never used the dining plan.

I tried to find the expiration on the Welcome rewards butcould not on their website. Does anyone know how long you have to redeem them?

Not sure on the original $25 but I do know that the birthday one expires in I think 1 month. I have lost mine before.

There is no expiration on the welcome reward. For the birthday reward you have the month of your birthday plus 15 days - ie. if your birthday is 03/22 then your reward is good from 03/01 to 4/15.

We have the Landry’s card and I do not make ADRs at Y&Y, Rainforest or TRex. We’ve never waited more than 5 minutes for a table. That card is a golden ticket!

I have the card as well and have used it at Trex twice.
We don't have to renew it, right? I can't remember if once you get it that is all you have to do.

Can you use the Landry’s welcome or birthday rewards at the outside Y&Y counter?

Can you use your $25 birthday reward in the Rain Forest store? I tried a couple years ago and they said no, has that changed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter