Switching hotels

DVC Doc

Disney world traveller
So excited for my first trip to TDR in mid-April! We arrive on a Sunday afternoon and are staying 3 nights at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel followed by 2 nights at Miracosta. My understanding is that they will move our luggage from one hotel to the other. Since we are planning on going to a park that day, I assume the bellman will be able take everything early and we can check out before the parks open? Anyone with experience doing this? Also any suggestion on which park we should do this day, or possibly park hop? Thanks!

Congrats on the split stay at TDR. We didn't transfer, but I can talk to the 'which park' part. If it's your third day in the parks, you'll be able to park hop; however, I'm not sure I'd strongly recommend it. The first two days on a three or four day ticket must be park specific (TDL / TDS or TDS /TDL). It's my experience that you'll have so much to see and do at either park that hopping is a waste of time. The folks at Oriental Land Co. have worked this and out make it mandatory or park guests, except for TDR owned and Good Neighbor hotels have a 3 or 4 day hopper ticket for an additional charge. Resist the urge as again you won't have the time or want to hop the first two days for a first time visit. I'd use the 3 or 4 days to go back and finish your shopping, eat favorite snack and ride Pooh's Honey Hunt again.

It really doesn't matter which park you see first. Some like Disneyland as its familiar while others can't wait for the new experience of Disney Sea. You'll have direct access from the hotel lobby into Disney Sea from MiraCosta. You'll enjoy that aspect of your stay. Maybe you'll go to Disney Sea if its not day 3/4 for the convenience. If its a hopper day, then is really doesn't matter. Enjoy the adventure!

We did the luggage transfer from Tokyo Disneyland Hotel to MiraCosta. We didn't do it early though, so I don't know about that. I doubt it would be a problem. Drop off the bags at the bellhop and they should be in your room at the Miracosta when you get there (we had a little snafu with that - which was quickly resolved). They won't transfer any bags with electronics in them (liability issue).

Congrats on the split stay at TDR. We didn't transfer, but I can talk to the 'which park' part. If it's your third day in the parks, you'll be able to park hop; however, I'm not sure I'd strongly recommend it. The first two days on a three or four day ticket must be park specific (TDL / TDS or TDS /TDL). It's my experience that you'll have so much to see and do at either park that hopping is a waste of time. The folks at Oriental Land Co. have worked this and out make it mandatory or park guests, except for TDR owned and Good Neighbor hotels have a 3 or 4 day hopper ticket for an additional charge. Resist the urge as again you won't have the time or want to hop the first two days for a first time visit. I'd use the 3 or 4 days to go back and finish your shopping, eat favorite snack and ride Pooh's Honey Hunt again.

It really doesn't matter which park you see first. Some like Disneyland as its familiar while others can't wait for the new experience of Disney Sea. You'll have direct access from the hotel lobby into Disney Sea from MiraCosta. You'll enjoy that aspect of your stay. Maybe you'll go to Disney Sea if its not day 3/4 for the convenience. If its a hopper day, then is really doesn't matter. Enjoy the adventure!

We did the luggage transfer from Tokyo Disneyland Hotel to MiraCosta. We didn't do it early though, so I don't know about that. I doubt it would be a problem. Drop off the bags at the bellhop and they should be in your room at the Miracosta when you get there (we had a little snafu with that - which was quickly resolved). They won't transfer any bags with electronics in them (liability issue).

Thank you both for your responses! Can’t wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter