Switching Holding Points to Existing Reservation

Won't hurt to try. You won't lose what you have and you don't need "extra" points in your account to modify.

Just use modify button and put in same info as is in the existing reservation - same resort, same dates, etc. System will "reuse" what is already in the existing reservation. Go all the way through and book the modification.

System should pick up the holding points and return the 8 current use year points.

This is my day for a million questions on this forum.

I have 8 points in holding and an existing reservation. If there is no availability at day 59 for the same accommodation, can I modify my existing reservation and apply the holding points. That room is still held for me because I’m modifying and not cancelling?

It’s a one night stay that uses 40 points. Will the modification uses the 8 points in holding + 32 of the points and put 8 unrestricted points back in my account? Or do I need to have 32 points to use in my account?

Thank you!

It should assuming the points are from the same home resort if the njght was booked during home resort period.

If from a different resort, it should work if the room was booked 7 months or less

But I have been fornuate thst it has worked for me in the past..a few times!

Checking to see if anyone has recent experience with this? I plan to drop one night for a reservation next week, then apply the holding points to a reservation in late March. Just want to make sure the system still sees modifying as a "new" reservation before canceling the first room.

Checking to see if anyone has recent experience with this? I plan to drop one night for a reservation next week, then apply the holding points to a reservation in late March. Just want to make sure the system still sees modifying as a "new" reservation before canceling the first room.

Did it about two weeks ago. I even transferred my holding points between memberships, modified, and it took them for my March trip.

The CM did give the warning about them being for a reservation only 60 days out but I figured it was use or lose and didn’t hurt to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter