Survivor 36: Ghost Island

I don't think it's been a bad season. In fact, now that Chelsey is out, I think that this is a pretty interesting group of contestants remaining, top to bottom.

I believe I heard that no previous contestant who had gotten this far in the show had fewer "diary sessions" as Chelsey. They never showed her speaking to the camera. Guess they just didn't find her that interesting, and neither did I.

I think the Dom/Wendell alliance is one of necessity. Both realizing that they need each other, but both ready to pull the trigger on stabbing the other one before Final Three. After he dodged this week's bullet, I'm thinking Wendell makes the first move.

Speaking of Final Three.....I hate that we now have a Final Three. Hate it. Here's why....

There have been 15 seasons that ended with a Final Two. Of those 15, six final votes resulted in a separation of two votes or fewer. Five of those resulted in a one-vote margin. In other words, just under half of those seasons ended with real suspense at the finale.

There have been 20 seasons that ended with a Final Three. Of those 20, only three final votes resulted in a separation of two votes or fewer. Two resulted in a one-vote margin. And even worse, of those 20 seasons, FIFTEEN final votes resulted in the third-place finisher receiving ZERO votes. In other words, THE THIRD FINALIST DOESN'T EVEN MATTER.

Not only is the third finalist irrelevant...it somehow changes the dynamic in the Final Vote. You go through an entire season full of one- or two-vote margins, so each week carries the possibility of real suspense. Then you design the finale to be virtually void of any suspense whatsoever.

Ridiculous.

I don't think it's been a bad season. In fact, now that Chelsey is out, I think that this is a pretty interesting group of contestants remaining, top to bottom.

I believe I heard that no previous contestant who had gotten this far in the show had fewer "diary sessions" as Chelsey. They never showed her speaking to the camera. Guess they just didn't find her that interesting, and neither did I.

I think the Dom/Wendell alliance is one of necessity. Both realizing that they need each other, but both ready to pull the trigger on stabbing the other one before Final Three. After he dodged this week's bullet, I'm thinking Wendell makes the first move.

Speaking of Final Three.....I hate that we now have a Final Three. Hate it. Here's why....

There have been 15 seasons that ended with a Final Two. Of those 15, six final votes resulted in a separation of two votes or fewer. Five of those resulted in a one-vote margin. In other words, just under half of those seasons ended with real suspense at the finale.

There have been 20 seasons that ended with a Final Three. Of those 20, only three final votes resulted in a separation of two votes or fewer. Two resulted in a one-vote margin. And even worse, of those 20 seasons, FIFTEEN final votes resulted in the third-place finisher receiving ZERO votes. In other words, THE THIRD FINALIST DOESN'T EVEN MATTER.

Not only is the third finalist irrelevant...it somehow changes the dynamic in the Final Vote. You go through an entire season full of one- or two-vote margins, so each week carries the possibility of real suspense. Then you design the finale to be virtually void of any suspense whatsoever.

Ridiculous.
I totally agree and wish they would go back to a final 2.

Love it! But really not sure who the heck I am rooting for anymore. Will wait to say more when everyone has had a chance to watch.

How dumb was Wendell just to stand there when he was done and not holler for Jeff was he throwing that to Lauren? Or is he that clueless? They are dumb they are just giving the game to Dom and Wendell. They can't even see they need to break them up.

Great episode. Donathan is flipping nuts. Rooting for dominick. Hes playing s good game. Not sure why wendall didnt call it at end of puzzle

As much as I wasn't a fan of Kellyn, I just watched her Ponderosa and changed my opinion. She seems like a really nice person. Loved the bags with notes in them that she made for each person.

Sad for Wendall not calling when he was done his puzzle, but he really didn't need immunity. I'm sure between not eating, the heat and physical challenges your lose some of your focus.

I hope Donathan is next to go, he is really annoying.

So I was rooting for Wendell and Dom but I hate when someone or a group of someones have power and just pick all others off week after week. They dont even have to be careful who they take on rewards since it wont hurt them. So boring and not all that exciting so I am now rooting for them to get the boot. And I have never liked RBF Angela. And Laurel is so epically stupid to be keeping the 2 boys around. Who will ever vote for her against those 2? I am at the beach and missed a big chunk of the episode last night when the satellite went out in a rain storm. So I missed all the hubbub about Donathan.

Last edited:
I am pretty bored with this season...come on, people, shake it up!

I am rooting for Wendell...but, I want to see him take Dom out. My next fave is Donathan..

So I was rooting for Wendell and Dom but I hate when someone or a group of someones have power and just pick all others off week after week. They dont even have to be careful who they take on rewards since it wont hurt them. So boring and not all that exciting so I am now rooting for them to get the boot. And I have never liked RBF Angela. And Laurel is so epically stupid to be keeping the 2 boys around. Who will ever vote for her against those 2? I am at the beach and missed a big chunk of the episode last night when the satellite went out in a rain storm. So I missed all the hubbub about Donathan.

I said the same thing to my wife last night about letting a group have the power from start to finish. Just makes no sense. The rest of them are all like "Well if I try something I might get voted off." Well guess what you are going to get voted off with that attitude. Just a matter of time

Donathan would be in a really good spot if he would just SHUT. UP.

His paranoia is killing me. I was pulling for him because he's a fellow Kentuckian. But now, I'd be fine with seeing him go.

Yes, it's boring watching Dom/Wendell run things, but at least they're good guys and I wouldn't mind seeing either of them win. I will say that it would be great to see them turn on each other before the finale, but I can't see that happening. Far more likely that Sebastian decides to shake things up before then and try to take one of them out.

Next week is the finale. Ugh. So they're gonna cram three weeks worth of shows into one episode, then have a finale three where the third person is pointless. Great.

Don't they have to use the idols next tribal or lose them? If so, then no chance to get rid of either Wendell or Dom. Laurel has absolutely no chance.

Great episode. Donathan is flipping nuts. Rooting for dominick. Hes playing s good game. Not sure why wendall didnt call it at end of puzzle

I don't understand what the heck has happened to Donathan. Too much freedom away from home? He was a nice (and seemed normal) kid, but the last few episodes he has slowly become "unstable" and looks like a mad man when he talks to the camera! I think Dominick is the only player I have seen who redeemed himself within the same season. Usually a player is a jerk and obnoxious and controlling, and then if they return (after watching themselves), they are a whole different person. For us, Dom started out like that, but over the season has pulled back and been playing very well. He is our number one choice to win, followed by Wendall.

Donathan would be in a really good spot if he would just SHUT. UP.

His paranoia is killing me. I was pulling for him because he's a fellow Kentuckian. But now, I'd be fine with seeing him go.

Yes, it's boring watching Dom/Wendell run things, but at least they're good guys and I wouldn't mind seeing either of them win. I will say that it would be great to see them turn on each other before the finale, but I can't see that happening. Far more likely that Sebastian decides to shake things up before then and try to take one of them out.

Next week is the finale. Ugh. So they're gonna cram three weeks worth of shows into one episode, then have a finale three where the third person is pointless. Great.

I don't think Dom and Wendall have been one of those teams who have run it from the beginning -- especially with all the tribe mergers and toss ups this season. Wendall was on the bottom a couple of times with no allies. Once you get down to 6 players though, I think you have to form a group of 2 or 3 to start picking off the other players. It's the only way to get to final 3. As someone stated above though, I do wish they would go back to final 2 and not 3 anymore. It just doesn't seem fair and just confuses things.

I like Laurel, but she has been very wishy washy. I couldn't believe that she almost went with Kellan to vote off Wendall, when Kellan is the one who wrote her name down twice for elimination! Should be an interesting final tribal.

Sorry, just caught up on the last episode. What were they thinking -- keeping Donathan? He's a nut case and will only cause more problems. I was stunned they didn't take the opportunity to get rid of him! UGH

Hey, y'all watching???

I am in minority in that I love Donathan. He may have made some dumb moves but he was trying. Unlike Laurel and queen RBF, Angela. I have to say that, aside from the tattoo bros a couple seasons ago, Angela is my least fave Survivor EVER. I despise her. Also want to say this was a boring season with the 2 power bros picking everyone off one at a time. Really was epic stupid that the others didn't team up to take, at least, one of them out way back when they had opportunity. DUMB!!! Makes me so so mad and makes this season a flop to me. And Dom could have been epic good and made it to one of the best players ever list....but not so much now since he paired up with Wendell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter