Survey: Is having a live PodCast recording on Castaway Cay a good idea?

Do you think we should have the live podcast on Castaway Cay?

• Yes. It's OK with me if you have it on Castaway Cay.

• No. I would prefer you do it somewhere else on another day.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Anna - I didn't intend for this to rub you or anyone the wrong.

Someone stated that the last cruise they felt like a lot was planned and they didn't get a chance to enjoy the ship as much and that this cruise even more is planned.

I was just stating that no one has to feel like they HAVE to participate in everything we have planned. If something that is scheduled conflicts with something else you want to do no one will be offended if you don't attend what we have planned.

I know that some of you think that doing the podcast after the cruise is a good option but that's just not going to work out. In addition to allienating many people who are not staying after the cruise it would be an added expense to get the room at the Dolphin, especially when DCL would be providing the space for free as part of the cruise.

I am open to everyone's suggestions and I am just replying with my feedback and opinions as well.

At the end of the day we will make a decision based on what we have to work with. I know not everyone will be happy with the end result it but again, we are doing the best we can.

Hi John, thanks for your response. :) I feel this is a better response than before.

I was one of those people who didn't get to enjoy everything on the ship on the first cruise. So this cruise I will have to pick what to attend and what not to attend.

I for one, appreciate and understand this statement. However, we do not know what other constraints and variables there are that need to be worked with--so I cannot see where we would have any additional insight. Kinda feels like a well intentioned taunt gone horrible awry.

I actually don't know all of the constaints and variables myself. This is all very fluid and we are trying to work with DCL to come up with the best solutions possible for all the events. Unfortunately they just won't let us have run of the ship to do whatever we want whenever we want - something about other guests or some such nonsense :rotfl:

I did not mean this as a taunt at all :thumbsup2

The idea was presented to do the live recording on CC. Many of the same questions and concerns you all have were raised and we thought it would be a good idea to 'float' the idea to get feedback. Basically we wanted to see who would be OK with missing some time on CC for this and who would not.

I actually thought we were doing a good thing here - not sure how come it's coming across as anything other than looking for input and providing what little information I have in response to questions and concerns.

I am flip flopping on this and can not vote one way or the other. There are pros and cons to a CC live recording.

Pros:
-How cool would it be to hear "Live from the beautiful Castaway Cay in the Bahamas..." That just has super coolness factor.

-Bigger venue and can handle all of us

-(our experience) we have actually found ourselves getting back on the ship early on Castaway Cay days

Cons:
- Family Day
- Carrot at the end of the stick
- no A/C

John, would this possibly take the place of the Pod-Castaway Party, or in addition to the party (if there is even going to be a party)? I think some folks might be thinking that this would be up to 4 hours of their Castaway Cay day doing events.

Todd, I really didn't see this as a taunt at all, but instead just a way to put a "feeler" out there to see what the interest was. Maybe I'm just reading it differently, but I didn't get the sense that this thread and poll were meant to wave a carrot in front of anyone and then pull it away. :confused3

I'm not going on the podcast cruise; I am going post-cruise to see my good friends. Most know that it is because of my being a teacher. With that being said, if I were able to be on the cruise, I think I'd enjoy a taping at Castaway. I think it would be a neat experience. Still, I could understand others not wanting to and that's where the pick-and-choose comes in. Because this is a "podcast cruise," there's going to be loads of different activities and events to participate in and I highly doubt one could do them all. If people choose to go to the beach instead of the taping, there's nothing wrong with that. If people choose to go to the taping instead of the beach, there's nothing wrong with that either. I think everyone should just do what they please and have a great time. :thumbsup2

It must be such a difficult job to try and work out all the things you need to do during the podcast cruise. I totally understand that I may have to make choices to go/not go to different events. I appreciate having some input in this subject. I know that even if it's not the outcome I voted for, you guys will have done what is in the best interest of the group. Good luck John :wizard:

John, would this possibly take this place of the Castaway Party, or in addition to the party? i think some folks might be thinking that this would be up to 4 hours of their Castaway Cay day doing events.

This is a really a tough question to answer.

As of right now there is no 'party' planned for Castaway Cay in terms of what we did last year. We are floating around ideas for something else but it wouldn't be the same thing we did last year (we would send that dock in the water if we all tried to get on it).

So, while it sounds like a good idea to say let's just swap out the 'party' for the recording it doesn't look like that would be solution at this time.

Again, sorry to be so vague about details, I just don't have any to share.

Doing the recording, or other events, on Nassau day as well as the day at sea are all viable options and part of the equation of putting all this all together.

I actually don't know all of the constaints and variables myself. This is all very fluid and we are trying to work with DCL to come up with the best solutions possible for all the events. Unfortunately they just won't let us have run of the ship to do whatever we want whenever we want - something about other guests or some such nonsense :rotfl:

I did not mean this as a taunt at all :thumbsup2

The idea was presented to do the live recording on CC. Many of the same questions and concerns you all have were raised and we thought it would be a good idea to 'float' the idea to get feedback. Basically we wanted to see who would be OK with missing some time on CC for this and who would not.

I actually thought we were doing a good thing here - not sure how come it's coming across as anything other than looking for input and providing what little information I have in response to questions and concerns.

i think it's nice that you asked for our feedback and i understand that in the end you will have to do what works best...

you guys are incredible and go way beyond the call of duty....way way beyond.... :goodvibes

i'm really good with it wherever it is...
on CC or on the afternoon of nassau day, whatever....
i'm looking forward to seeing a live taping...

and i'm really really looking forward to just being with everyone on the cruise....
before experiencing the dismeets in June, i was pretty sure PCC 2.0 was going to be fun......but now i KNOW it's going to be fun!!!! just being with everyone, whatever we're doing, will be fun!!

The attempt for feedback is appreciated. Given the way the poll was worded, and not being someone to say "no" to someone else's idea without presenting an alternative (a pet peeve of mine), I made a suggestion. Not all my suggestions are gold (see my decision to include a certain high school now-ex-friend on a Disney trip last year for proof), but once in a while I hit on a gem... ;)

The attempt for feedback is appreciated. Given the way the poll was worded, and not being someone to say "no" to someone else's idea without presenting an alternative (a pet peeve of mine), I made a suggestion. Not all my suggestions are gold (see my decision to include a certain high school now-ex-friend on a Disney trip last year for proof), but once in a while I hit on a gem... ;)

I think you hit the nail right on the head Jaime - I think I really worded the poll wrong from the beginning. I may start it over again.

I'm wondering about this too. Few organizations would have even asked.

As to when to schedule it, just say there will be food. . . .

As mentioned previously, there is an inherent flaw with most DIS meets, official events such as PCC 2.0 and DAP and unofficial ones like the Indy meet or the Sweet Meet.

You can't get to talk to everyone/do everything. It is impossible. You need to make the choice which you feel is best for you. Regardless of what is scheduled, someone is going to be unhappy. You have to decide what is going to make your vacation the best/most memorable for your family.

Example:
There are three breakfast meets the morning we sail. Which one to go to? I like to eat at new places to broaden my experience. Two of them are new to me. However, the third is where I am staying and I don't need to wake up earlier to worry about transport to/from the meal. The sleeping in and lack of transportation issues is how I chose. It's not right, it's not wrong, but it is what will work best for me.

As mentioned previously, there is an inherent flaw with most DIS meets, official events such as PCC 2.0 and DAP and unofficial ones like the Indy meet or the Sweet Meet.

You can't get to talk to everyone/do everything. It is impossible. You need to make the choice which you feel is best for you. Regardless of what is scheduled, someone is going to be unhappy. You have to decide what is going to make your vacation the best/most memorable for your family.

Example:
There are three breakfast meets the morning we sail. Which one to go to? I like to eat at new places to broaden my experience. Two of them are new to me. However, the third is where I am staying and I don't need to wake up earlier to worry about transport to/from the meal. The sleeping in and lack of transportation issues is how I chose. It's not right, it's not wrong, but it is what will work best for me.

exactly.....i had the good fortune of being able to participate in two dismeets in june...the first one i was able to stay until the end and then hang around at the MK for the rest of the evening with several other dis'rs from the meet....i enjoyed myself immensely!!

the 2nd meet i was only able to stay for an hour......
i very much enjoyed that hour, but would have loved to have been able to stay until the end of the meet and then go on to the parks with those who did....but i had to get back to my conference....
i would have liked the meet to have been at a different time so i could have stayed longer, but c'est la vie.......
it's always going to be inconvenient for someone..
and the more people involved, the more difficult it is to accomodate everyone....
and i think it's important for people to realize that before they go on the cruise...
if their enjoyment of the cruise is dependant on them being part of everything, then they're setting themselves up for disappointment....

oh oh...sounds a little preachy doesn't it....sorry... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter