Surprise Meal At Le Cellier 9/26

melomouse

DIS Veteran
As some of you know, I'm the whining Dis'er who had been trying since April to get ressies for Le Cellier on 9/26.

So there I was, on the phone w/ DD at POR, checking times on another ressie - and I sigh and have the CM check for the hundredth time - and there was an opening for 8:50 PM at LC!!!!

So - you do never know - keep checking!

We waited about 30 minutes to be seated and saw many walk ins turned away.

Service was fine. DS thought it was the best service ever - I think he developed a crush on our pretty server from Vancouver, and he was nuts for the pretzel bread, which she kept bringing for him.

DD(10) had the shrimp cocktail and handled the wasabi sauce as well as the chopsticks. These shrimp were better than the jumbos she had had at Boatwright's the night before. I had the cheddar cheese soup, and DS had the tenderloin skewer. The soup is exactly as everyone says - really awesome once you get past the texture.

We ordered DD's 7- oz filet without the maple glaze and she ate the whole thing - she was unsure about the cream cheese mashed potatoes but made them disappear.

My Mushroom Filet was fork tender and atop a bed of cheesy risotto - a combo I had eyed with caution but found perfect on the palate.

DS ate his way through an entire sirloin, found it to be charred perfectly on the outside, medium on the iside. All the beef was as ordered -(hint, hint: filet mignon or tenderloin is not meant to be ordered well done - if you like meat well done, order a different cut!)

Per usual, when you get to dessert, there's hardly room. The creme brulee sampler was tiny - I preferred the vanilla over the maple. DS had the Smores dessert - which is really a kids dessert, but that's what he enjoyed. We wrapped up DD's chocolate whiskey cake to go - in the morning, it did not impress any of us, but that was fine. Check, if paid, was $162.xx. Definitely bang for the buck and our best meal of the week.

We were not rushed, closed the restaurant, and enjoyed a walk thru an empty Epcot. In fact, the bus driver said we were the last in the park and it was his last run there.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Im looking forward to eating at Le Cellier on my upcoming trip!

FYI - I totally agree with you on how a filet should be cooked!

Great review, I am eagerly awaiting our dinner there in 3 weeks!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Wow, that is a late dinner! I just love the cheese soup too. Thanks for the review!

Thanks for the great review - can't wait to go there on our upcoming trip!!! :Pinkbounc

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try the cheese soup when we go in December!

We were also there on 09/26 (6:20 ADR)! I had the mushroom filet, and second the OPs opinion. It was excellent. The mushroom risotto was perfect. :thumbsup2

Ate at Le Cellier last December on the candlelight prosessional package....best meal of the week.....can't wait to eat there again.....have ADR'S for October 29th at 5:30.....:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter