Summer experience/perk DVC teaser **Welcome Home Weeks**

Interesting that WDW Magic didn't mention it in their post, but BlogMickey specifically mentions in their post (https://blogmickey.com/2024/06/dvc-announces-summertime-welcome-home-weeks/) that the Mobile Order discount is one-time-use.

So you get to save 20% once.
Very, very lame. They have given 20% on food and or merchandise for whole months. Will be there for 2 weeks in August. Not sure what to do with my extra $3 (assume $60 mobile order - we get 10% anyway).

Very, very lame. They have given 20% on food and or merchandise for whole months. Will be there for 2 weeks in August. Not sure what to do with my extra $3 (assume $60 mobile order - we get 10% anyway).
Well, we are looking forward to taking advantage of it in July, and then my DS and his family will have the opportunity to take advantage during some of their trip...we don't join them until after this ends.

At least, DVC is attempting to add little things...maybe, its just the start and some better ones are around the corner!

It is a nice gesture, and you can see they are trying. It is hard because this is so limited and you have to have a reservation at the right time, and be “on time” for the freebies. I wish they would just send out vouchers (that expire in a year, giving people time to use them) for a free novelty ice cream or even just a cup of coffee so everyone can enjoy something free during their stay.

Excited for the Mickey bars at Tower of Terror!

Keeping my expectations for QS discount low, as they’ll probably choose locations I don’t care for 😂

Glad they have stuff for those of us outside of the WDW bubble! We’re going before it starts, but while it isn’t much, seems like a nice little perk.

Maybe I'm missing something regarding Aulani, and someone who has been there recently can inform me.
I stayed there shortly after it opened. I was one of the first 7,000 guests and received a souvenir book by Joe Rohde.
When I stayed there, in the community hall, there were days with free ukulele lessons, free string a flower lei, etc. Has all that been eliminated?

I believe it is 5 mickey bars etc per member for the park - You 1 plus up to 4 guests. My wife signed up last year for her own digital card. So will be 10 mickey bars at least 1 day for us - we have guests this year- That's like 70 bucks of free ice cream at today's going rate.
Hopefully they will have a decent list for the 20% off CS mobile orders so we can use it twice with the separate member numbers.
The other resort things seem to be at odd times at least for WDW but if there is a resort day that fits.

Maybe I'm missing something regarding Aulani, and someone who has been there recently can inform me.
I stayed there shortly after it opened. I was one of the first 7,000 guests and received a souvenir book by Joe Rohde.
When I stayed there, in the community hall, there were days with free ukulele lessons, free string a flower lei, etc. Has all that been eliminated?
When I was there last year, they did have a lot of free entertainment, including ukulele lessons and a 'members night' event with characters.

But I don't think they had flower leis or hula lessons, which are perks of this summer's promotion.

I remember years ago there was a celebration, don't remember what it was called, but random cast members would wander around the parks and give out little things, like special Mickey ears, silver ear, and the hat part was blue with white clouds, and treats, and things. It would be neat if theyd do somethng like that for DVC, but you'd have to be easily identified as a DVC, Member by wearing a pin, or shirt, or magtic band slider. But I don't think that's what this is...but it would be a neat promo for sometime in the future.

I also remember one summer when they were having shows in the American Gardens theater and just a couple rows were reserved for DVC. That would be cool, too. Or maybe a special viewing area for fireworks and parades. Those would all be nice perks, even though they'd need to be first come first served, or pre-reserved like the Moonlight Magic nights, just because DVC is so large now. But I'd hope they could do something like that in the future. Something that most members could participate in on a regular basis, instead of an event every two or three months Moonlight Magic is nice, I enjoy them, but it is limited to so few members because they happen so rarely. More nice little perks that don't cost an arm and a leg so they could do them more often.

Remember, they are remodeling the Frontierland Arcade into a lounge, so maybe that will tie i with this somehow.

Last edited:
The Year of a Million Dreams period was so fun. We never got anything but it was delightful to see other families get surprised and enjoy the kids’ reaction. 😁🎉 So many cool stories. It was a time when Disney cared deeply about their guests and took a time out to show it.

I remember years ago there was a celebration, don't remember what it was called, but random cast members would wander around the parks and give out little things, like special Mickey ears, silver ear, and the hat part was blue with white clouds, and treats, and things. It would be neat if theyd do somethng like that for DVC, but you'd have to be easily identified as a DVC, Member by wearing a pin, or shirt, or magtic band slider. But I don't think that's what this is...but it would be a neat promo for sometime in the future.

I also remember one summer when they were having shows in the American Gardens theater and just a couple rows were reserved for DVC. That would be cool, too. Or maybe a special viewing area for fireworks and parades. Those would all be nice perks, even though they'd need to be first come first served, or pre-reserved like the Moonlight Magic nights, just because DVC is so large now. But I'd hope they could do something like that in the future. Something that most members could participate in on a regular basis, instead of an event every two or three months Moonlike Magic is nice, I enjoy them, but it is limited to so few members because they happen so rarely. More nice little perks that don't cost an arm and a leg so they could do them more often.

Remember, they are remodeling the Frontierland Arcade into a lounge, so maybe that will tie i with this somehow.
I think part of the problem here is that their marketing ROI for membership perks get worse every year (until 2042) as membership grows. There are just too many of us!

When they only had a couple of resorts, member perks weren't that expensive, and the marketing value of those perks were relatively high. Using rough for the sake of illustration, if you give a perk to 25,000 original OKW members, but if helps you attract 18,000 new BWV members, that's not bad!

But if you have grown to 200,000 members by the time PVB opens, the cost of providing those perks has gone up 8x, and the marketing value that it generates probably hasn't: you're attracting about 18,000 new members to buy PVB. The monetary value is higher, thanks to higher-than-inflation price increases and steeper point charts, but it isn't necessarily 8x higher, adjusting for inflation. And management isn't going to 8x the marketing budget! Likely, a more-or-less flat budget is being shared across an ever-growing membership base until it feels thin, stretched, like butter spread over too much bread. (Sorry for the LotR reference; can't stop, won't stop.)

I'm glad we get these perks, but I'm also very aware that they already have my money, and the primary purpose of these perks is for them to be able to make videos and brochures enticing the next round of members, with a secondary goal of getting me to add on more points, or at least making me an enthusiastic brand ambassador for my friends and family. I'll take it!

They gave out 1 million prizes during "The Year of a Million Dreams." That was 2008. I was in the then Downtown Disney, and some CMs popped up and gave out lanyards with pins commemorating the event.
Year of a Million Dreams...that's what it was. I don't think they gave out anything really expensive, but it was feel good stuff. I should think if they did something similar just for DVC, they could do this for a lot more members than Moonlight Magic, and probably cheaper. As I said, I like moonlight magic, it's great! But doing the little giveaways could share a little bit of magic with a lot more members. Kind of like giving out the character magnets for the Annual Passholders. I know they probably cost less than $1 each in bulk, but they still bring a smile to my face.

They gave out 1 million prizes during "The Year of a Million Dreams." That was 2008. I was in the then Downtown Disney, and some CMs popped up and gave out lanyards with pins commemorating the event.
One of the teachers family that I worked with hit the jackpot snd got to stay in the castle! Her son was chosen from BTTR. They had a predetermined time to select the winner!

She said it was amazing! I was SO jealous!

facebook twitter