• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suites at the Portofino

dantin

Earning My Ears
Hi, I am looking into reserving a suite for the end of January at the Portofino. I have stayed there before but in a standard room. Has anyone stayed in a suite there that can give me some insight? Your comments are truly appreciated. ::yes::

I can't help much, as I haven't stayed at Portofino yet, but I called this weekend to get prices for an August trip.

I asked about prices for a suite at Portofino because there may be 6 of us. The Customer Service lady discouraged me from getting a suite and said the price of 2 rooms was much cheaper.

Maggie

Hi Maggie. Thanks for the info. You should definately try to stay at the Portofino if you can. The rooms are really plush and much larger than the rooms at the Hard Rock or the Royal Pacific. The bathrooms are huge also. Thanks again. Have fun on your trip.

Portofino has some incredible suites. They offer quite a few different ones. We have stayed in 2 of the 6 kinds offered. Their smallest suite is their kids suite. Its 675 sq. feet and their are 18 of them. They have a seperate kids bedroom that connects to your bedroom only. King bed and 2 twins or bunk beds. Lots of amenities.

Portofino Suite 1380 sq. feet and they have 12 of these. This is a parlor with 2 bedrooms one on each side but can also be booked with one bedroom. They have a pantry and a parlor 2-3 bathrooms. Also has an entertainment center in the parlor.

Villa Suite is 1840 sq. feet and they have 6 of these. again you can reserve one or 2 attatched bedrooms. These are huge!

Hospitality Suites 2300 sq. feet and they have 6. I saw this suite and felt it would be ideal for the business traveler to host meetings. Very large!

The last 2 are the Governatore and Presidente suites. There are 2 of the first and one of the last. We werent offered either of these!:p

If you give them a call they can send you out a suite spec guide so you can read all the details and see the layouts.
407-224-6222

JessicaR,

Have you ever stayed in or seen a Villa suite? I am looking to stay in one in January. Right now I have a great $99/night rate at HRH but I emailed the manager at PBH who contacted me after my terrible one night stay earlier this month asking him about an upgrade to a Villa suite if I book a Portofino suite. I sent the email Tuesday night and he responded back Wednesday saying he would have an answer for me on Friday. I was wondering if you could give me some details about the Villa suites since you seem to be the PBH suite expert. Thanks.

We did stay in a Villa Suite. We had a one bedroom 2 queen beds. It has a 620 sq.foot entertainment area (parlor) with a TV, VCR, CD player, fax machine and a pullout sofa. Seperate dining area with a huge table that sat 8-10 people. Full bath in the parlor and a refreshment mini kitchen with frig, sink, cabinets and microwave. We had a piazza bay view and did not have a balcony but did have large ceiling to floor windows through out the suite. I am almost positive these suites are included for club level but check to be sure. Lots of closet space and an area with a desk for business. We also stayed in a Portofino suite and that was just as nice just a little smaller.

Hope you get your answer and are able to try one out! :) Good Luck!

I heard back from that Manager at PBH and all I had to do was book a deluxe room for $209 (FLO Rate) and he gave me the Villa parlor at no additional charge. I'll have to cancel my great rate at HRH but it's definitely worth it. Thanks for your info Jessica!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter