Suggestions for family with young adult boys

sithlord

Earning My Ears
So we went as a family about 10 years ago and I remember doing Chef Mickey’s, Ohana, Wolf Gang Puck, Whispering Canyon Cafe. We’re only going to MK and DHS this time and DW is looking for GREAT food at the parks, preferably something we haven’t visited. The boys are 17 and 19 now. Please Give me your top 5. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
There's really not much left at this late date. Look on the app and book what you can. Cancellations do pop up so keep checking if none of the available ADRs appeal to you.

At DHS, I think that Docking Bay Seven (within Star Wars Galaxy's Edge) is my top quick-serve pick (can mobile order via the app) and Brown Derby is probably my top table service (signature so $$). On the quick serve side, have heard that ABC Commissary has added some nice choices and upped quality so that could be worth a try if the menu looks appealing. On the table service side Sci Fi Dine In Theater and Mama Melrose are solid. Atmosphere at Sci Fi is simulated drive-in where you're sitting two-by-two on car bench seats with cheesy movies playing -- not likely to have much conversation here but sometimes that's a welcome break.

MK is much tougher as far as quality food goes. My first choice would be to either walk over to the Contemporary for Steakhouse 71 or boat over to Wilderness Lodge for Geyser Point. Inside the park, Skipper Canteen is by far my favorite. Note there are some "secret" menu items there like Brazillian cheesy bread ... they're not really so secret - if you google should find the latest but for whatever reason not listed on the Disney menu. Columbia Harbor House and Pecos Bills are probably my favorite quick serves (believe you can mobile order both).

Hope you have fun!

DHS- Sci Fi has decent food and a really fun atmosphere. Brown Derby has better food for sure, but the atmosphere doesn't really do anything for me. If you want a park break you can take the Skyliner to Riviera and go to Toppolino's- it's fantastic! Sebastian's Carribean Beach is also so good and a quick Skyliner ride away. MK is a little tougher. We used to like Be Our Guest but haven't been since it became a more expensive pre-fixe meal. Your best bet would be Cali Grill or Steakhouse 71 @ Contemporary or Grand Floridian Cafe. You can walk to both from MK. Contemporary is closer and for Grand Floridian the monorail is quicker than the walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter