Sudafed and Tylenol...can I take them together?

It depends.

The over the counter sinus meds I take have acetimonphen (tylenol) and sudefed. No probs and if I'm out I take two tylenol or motrin with my plain sudefed.

But I don't take any other meds that have interactions with either medicine.

I'd check with you pharmecist, but they usually are okay in the OTC's.

If the Sudafed has tylenol in it as well, no - I wouldn't take it..

Maybe you could take ibuprophen, motrin, or Aleve instead..

If the Sudafed is JUST the active decongestant ingredient and the Tylenol is JUST the pain reliever ingredient acetaminphen, then you can take them together.... as bookgirl said those two ingredients are combined in stuff like "Tylenol Sinus" and both are combined in some of the OTC cold medicines along with another active ingredient for coughing.

Yes.

If it is just PLAIN tylenol and PLAIN sudafed.

but not if they are in some other kind of medicine (for example, Tylenol Cold and Flu or Tylenol Complete or any kind of cold medicine). If you did that, you could be doubling your dose of something!

Sorry, don't have an answer, but just wanted to say if you're not feeling well, I hope you feel better soon.

The tiny little round red sudafeds don't contain acetaminophen (tylenol). You can take that with tylenol. Some sudafed combination meds have tylenol in it already and you don't want to take too much tylenol.

Sorry, don't have an answer, but just wanted to say if you're not feeling well, I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you! :)

The sudafed was just the pseudoephedrine and the tylenol was just acetaminophen. But I took 2 ibuprofen with the sudafed instead. The ibuprofen will prob upset my stomach, but will help my migraine better.

Kimya

While I think you have gotten the correct answer, I have no idea why you wouldn't just call your pharmacist. They are more than happy to answer questions like this and it is a lot safer than taking medical advice from random people on a Disney discussion board.

Mixing certain meds can prove fatal. Why play games?

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest