Stuffed animal versus plush

LoveDaisy

DIS Veteran
Do you call it a stuffed animal or plush? I’ve noticed most people on the DIS call them plush but all my friends kids call them stuffed animals. Is it regional like soda or pop?

Also for adults who collect them how or where do you display them? I saw a cute one on my last trip but had no idea what I would do with it.

I call any stuffed that is a critter (Pluto, Chip, etc.) a stuffed animal, if it's based off a human (Iron Man, Black Widow, etc.) I call it a plush.

I use the two terms interchangeably but I say plush more often.

As for displaying them, I have a long dresser that I put them on. It's not that big so I have to be super picky with the ones I buy.

Do you call it a stuffed animal or plush? I’ve noticed most people on the DIS call them plush but all my friends kids call them stuffed animals. Is it regional like soda or pop?

Also for adults who collect them how or where do you display them? I saw a cute one on my last trip but had no idea what I would do with it.
I never heard it referred to as "plush" until on here- they are stuffed animals from where I am- I can not STAND when people call them "stuffies" LOL.

Hmmm . . . I had to stop and think because I sort of mix it up. If looking at a display, I might say “Look at that cute stuffed seal!” or I might say “Aren’t those plush bears adorable!”. If I were shopping online, I would generally search using both terms. I don’t think I have just one way of referring to a soft, cuddly toy.

stuffed animal or "stuffie"

some are on my bed, some are on my cedar chest, some are on a small sofa in my office. some are on the 2 guest beds that the grand kids use when they visit

I have always called them stuffed animals. I sure never heard if either plushies or lovies as they are sometimes called these days as a kid. Whatever term, someone uses, as long as the stuffed friend brings comfort and joy to whoever it finds a home with is, of course, what matters🧸

I too have always called them stuffed animals. Agree with pp, plush seems to be a newer term. Back in the 90’s, a friend of mine worked at the Disney Store, and they referred to the huge pile on display as Plush Mountain. That’s the first I had heard that term, so I kind of associate it with Disney.

I always called them stuffed animals, but when I worked at Disney they were called plush and that was the first I heard of it. I still call them stuffed animals, though. As for display, they're mostly in the guest room, although I have a few in the bedroom on a bookcase.

I think "plush" started as a Disney marketing term meant to make it clear that the "animals" are fabric toy replicas and not actual taxidermied (aka "stuffed") animals. No doubt insisted upon for PR reasons by someone somewhere.

I never heard it referred to as "plush" until on here- they are stuffed animals from where I am- I can not STAND when people call them "stuffies" LOL.
I don’t recall ever hearing “stuffies” until my DD4 started calling them that - it’s incredibly cute when she says it! 😁

It was always “stuffed animals” for me - I think “plush” was only a Disney term where I’ve lived.

I grew up calling them stuffed animals and in recent years have found myself occasionally calling them plushes, for reasons I can’t explain. Thanks to the brain-rotting influence of YouTube, my six-year-old calls them stuffies and I’m thinking about disowning him.

I adore plushies and my room has a bunch of shelves filled of my stuffed animals and most of my plushies are Disney plushies but I like to get plushies of my favorite real animals. Take for instance I have three plush leopards a bunch of stuffed frogs and stuffed owls too. Now I am collecting stuffed hawks and I am gonna get my very first one soon but I don't know what i'll plan to name it but maybe you guys have some naming suggestions that might help me. But my current pride and joy are my Marvel Bleacher Creatures plushies and they currently stand on my bedroom headboard and I sleep with a different one every night and I just love them so much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter