Stroller Tag/Wagon Question

Woth2982

DIS Veteran
Hello, I am relatively new to the disability world. My daughter (3.5) is on the ASD spectrum so we will be trying to get DAS for her. My son was recently diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy. I had a stroller tag once before when he was a baby as I had broken my arm the day before we left for the trip (literally casted the next day and headed right to the airport) and could not carry him through the lines, now that he is 2 and much heavier and still does not walk due to the CP I definitely will be asking for a stroller tag for him as I just cannot carry him for a long wait. My question now becomes, I know wagons are for medical use, given my daughter has ASD and my son has CP do you think it would be possible for them to use a wagon stroller or should I just stick to the double? This is all new to me so any advice on how to handle two medically fragile toddlers is much appreciated. I have a friend coming along to help me out as my husband has to stay home and work that week.

I would stick to a double stroller. -- or even 2 singles if you might split up -- and leave the wagon home. Word is that Disney is tightening up the stroller-as-wheelchair tags. Wagons have supposedly been only approved for needs such a lugging medical equipment for the child.

You might get the wagon approved and you might not, 2 families can have identical needs and get 2 different results. No one here can tell you how likely you are to be approved or denied because it is completely up to the whim of the cm at the gate. You have no way of knowing until you get there, and if you're denied you'll have to lug the wagon back to the hotel and come up with plan B. Personally I wouldn't risk it and would just go with planb

Thank you both! I will stick with our double stroller! I don't know if my daughter will get approved for DAS despite having ASD so having the stroller could help dealing with her meltdowns as well. My son's CP is almost a blessing in disguise with the new DAS rules.

X (Twitter)

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest DIS Newsletter

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest