Stranger Things Season 2

GAHHHH I LOVED IT. This show truly has everything for me - suspense, heartbreak, heart-warming moments, comedy, drama...

My favorite favorite part was the 11/Mike reunion...that was the moment I had been waiting for and it didn't disappoint after them being apart for the whole season and so heartbroken about it (I wish 11 hadn't been kept away from the boys for so long but it really did make the reunion have that much more impact, I guess). The two of them at the Snow Ball just killed me - first of all, love that the writers are detail-oriented enough to remember Mike mentioning it to her in the Season 1 finale...but "Want to dance" / "I don't know how" / "Neither do I...do you want to figure it out?" (can't remember exactly what they said) was so perfect. One of the many times throughout the season that I teared up.

The kid who plays Will was especially awesome this year...he was heart-wrenching to watch and could suddenly become terrifying with the most subtle change of expression. "He likes it cold" was so creepy!!

And I love love love Hopper + 11!

My least favorite part was episode 7 - I get why it was necessary (11 learns to strengthen her powers, figures out a bit of where she came from, chooses good over evil and decides for herself that Hawkins is her home) but the new characters did nothing for me!

Not sure how to use the spoiler feature so all I will say is that I am bummed by this season's loss...
For future reference - when you go to reply, the little buttons where you can insert pictures or films...the one to the right that sort of looks like a little flag has a SPOILER tag option. :)

I was bummed too! I mean...I sort of figured he was gonna be a goner around maybe episode 5 or 6, but it was still sad! He was such a good guy, so good for Joyce, Jonathan and Will.

Not sure if anyone else thought this, but early in the season both Mr. Ariel484 and I were completely convinced that Bob was a bad guy - like a spy for Hawkins Lab or something. :confused3 Not sure what it was about him, but we were so surprised that he actually turned out to be a good guy. And then despite the fact that we were totally sure he was gonna die when he was trying to escape the lab, we were on the edge of our seats during that scene.

Great season!

For future reference - when you go to reply, the little buttons where you can insert pictures or films...the one to the right that sort of looks like a little flag has a SPOILER tag option. :)

Regarding your spoiler (The loss), I thought the same thing. And regarding your least favorite part, I also agree.

We just finished the second season last weekend and loved it! I wonder how long we'll have to wait until the next one. I totally agree about an above posters least favorite episode. The kids on this show are incredible actors. I hope none of them get intertwined in the vileness of Hollywood, though.

Eleven and Hopper together are hilarious and my favorite! I think they're also my favorite characters.

I burned a vacation day in order to binge it on 10/27. It was well worth the day off. Loved season 2 more than 1 and that's saying something. Steve is now my 2nd favorite character. Hopper will always be #1 in my heart :D

I burned a vacation day in order to binge it on 10/27. It was well worth the day off. Loved season 2 more than 1 and that's saying something. Steve is now my 2nd favorite character. Hopper will always be #1 in my heart :D

Steve was awesome in the second season, I totally fell in love with him when he started interacting with Dustin. Hopper is amazing.

I loved this season, I think I actually liked it better than the first. Lucas' sister Erica was hilarious.
Agreed! The last two episodes of this season were outstanding!!
Funny, I hated Steve in season one, and he is now my absolute favorite!!! I have loved Hopper both seasons. Was a bit annoyed with Eleven this season.
And yes, I was totally bummed by the loss this season too :-(.

We just finished the second season last weekend and loved it! I wonder how long we'll have to wait until the next one. I totally agree about an above posters least favorite episode. The kids on this show are incredible actors. I hope none of them get intertwined in the vileness of Hollywood, though.

Eleven and Hopper together are hilarious and my favorite! I think they're also my favorite characters.
Agreed on both counts. I'm a little worried about them. :worried:

Oh yes, I also agree about the last favorite episode. Both dd and I thought it was pretty much pointless. But the next episode more than made up for it!

Just finished up last night. I almost wish we couldn't binge watch like we do, it would last longer as weekly episodes! But I can't help myself. It's like Reeses PB cups, if they're available, they're gone asap!

Agree with everything everyone else has said.
I binged watched the first season days before binge watching the second. Definitely thought the 2nd was better.
Hated Steve in the 1st, loved him in the 2nd.
Love, love, love Hopper :love:

Agree with everything, but did anyone think the whole Eleven's sister storyline was bizarre? Considering we first see her sister in the very first scene of the very first episode, I thought they were going to build that up to be something more. But I was disappointed with how it played out. That was the only thing I didn't care for this season.

In response to @Ariel484
Its funny that you thought early on that Bob may be a bad guy. We thought hte same. We also thought Max and her brother may have more to them, possibly knowing something about the upside down, etc.

I read that Stranger Things has been renewed for at least two new seasons, but am curious if season 3 will come out sooner. I think it was over a year between season 1 and 2 because the success was unexpected. The only downside of binge watching is you have to wait so long between seasons!

Not to get off topic, but does anyone watch The OA on Netflix? Only the one season so far, but season two is expected early next year. We enjoyed that too and it shares similar elements of Stranger Things. I recommend if you're looking for something else to binge!

We also thought that either Max or her brother would have powers. We kept waiting for it all season! I think that we may see El's "sister" again in Season 3, possibly more "siblings" as well. As things "snowball", more help may be needed. Honestly, we thought she would come help El for the final episode. I think one part of the plot that was moved forward in everyone's least favorite episode was that El learned how to strengthen her powers. For that to happen, she either had to figure it out for herself or learn from someone else with powers.

This is the bummer of netflix...We plow through them way too fast! Love/hate

RE: Chicago episode with Eleven:

It was not my favorite episode but I realize why they did it. She was angry, her one relationship was imploding, and she was using her powers inappropriately. Eight was what Eleven could have become - a killer aiming for revenge. A weapon, which is what they were created for, and nothing more. Eleven needed to see that route and decide what she wanted to do. She ultimately chose friends, family and love. It gave more dimension to her character to have the episode and was necessary, I think, to move her forward in the series.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter