Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

We went to Artist Point for dinner on 3/5. We had all four characters - they were all really fun. The food was above average for Disney food, I think. I had the veal, which was good, though if it had any more salt, it would have been too much. DH had the gnocchi, which he liked. DD had the kids chicken meal.

DD has peanut and tree nut allergies, and I was a little underwhelmed by the options. She is 10, so a Disney adult, but the adult appetizers did not appeal to her. They brought her safe soup (basically the soup without the marshmallow thing) and said she could have the other two... but she was not interested. The kids appetizer is listed as not safe for allergies... and there wasn’t really anything else offered. To be fair, I didn’t ask because DD is picky, but it feels like having only one kid appetizer is a problem.

The desserts were just ok - the cake parfait thing was ok for DD, and she enjoyed it. She also enjoyed her beverage - something like a Transformation Potion that was basically lemonade with a sugar stick and something else poured in.

All in all, I am glad we did it but I don’t know if we would do it again. But DD is into villains and Evil Queen is the only one you can reliably meet now.

I'm cancelling a Storybook reservation for Tuesday April 2, 6:10pm for 4 people. If anyone needs it, send me a PM to coordinate.

We had dinner here on 3/9. All in all, we enjoyed it, but i don't think I'd do it again.

I had the veal, which was good, and my sister had the prime rib roast, which she said was excellent. The shared appetizers were all good, I really liked the soup. The desserts were all good too, no real standouts to me though. I had the smoking mirror cocktail which had fun presentation, but the taste reminded me of children's cough medicine. Our server was great, but we were seated right near the entrance so kind of away from the center, so I feel we missed out on a bit of the whole theming experience.

The characters were all fun, Dopey snuck up behind me and surprised me which was pretty funny. The evil queen was great, very true to character. The line to meet her after we finished eating was short and moved quickly.

The highlight for me is this pic we got of us cheesing hardcore after the queen joked about poisoning the apples we had at dessert:joker:

9qlgEfG.jpg

Last edited:

What has been everyone's experience getting a ADR here for their desired date & time? My window opens in 2 weeks. Thanks!

What has been everyone's experience getting a ADR here for their desired date & time? My window opens in 2 weeks. Thanks!

It was available every day for a day before or same day reservation during our trip last week. Party of 4. YMMV. We booked the week before going so went with no reservations. We ended up at Beaches and Cream, Artist Point, Cali Grill, and other hard to get on the day of.

I had no problem getting it at around the time I wanted, but I went and checked a few days later and got a better time.

I was able to get the time/date I wanted and then easily modify it same day to a different time when our plans changed. I don't think you'll have any trouble, but YMMV.

At 180 days I was able to get the day and general time I wanted, but I have since bumped up our time twice as I adjust our plans.

We have reservations for our Sept trip. I am still on the fence about this but I am more on the leaning towards doing it side. We are on the regular dining plan ( got free quick service and paid for the upgrade to regular plan ) so, cost of meal is not a concern. Menu doesn't over excite me (Prime Rib is okay) and it is somewhat out of the way ( as trying to coordinate with our plans we are rope drop , park hop, earlyish to bed people staying at POP). However, the experience and the characters are extremely enticing ( my DD24 is a Villain freak ) and Dopey is fun and cute as well ( this is only 1 of 2 character meals we have planned ). I was able to get the time we wanted ( figured we would try to go early dinner on our way back to MK for an EMH evening)

I'm bringing my 1.5 year old "infant" to Storybook dining. I assume that while they don't serve him a meal b/c we don't pay for him, he can eat the apps? How does that all work?

I'm bringing my 1.5 year old "infant" to Storybook dining. I assume that while they don't serve him a meal b/c we don't pay for him, he can eat the apps? How does that all work?

Kids under three eat free so you could order a kids meal or just eat off your plate.

Oops guess not at table service.

Last edited:
We dined here in early March and had a great experience. At 1 Table service credit, it's incredible value. The appetizers were all good - but much smaller than I had anticipated. The entrees were delicious. I had the gnocchi and I am still dreaming about it! The desserts were the weakest link - they were all just okay.

The atmosphere is absolutely incredible. The music, lights and dancing kept my girls entertained throughout the evening. The characters were phenomenal - Grumpy and the Queen were the highlights for sure.

Overall we are very glad we did this - I would return and would encourage others to try it but it wouldn't be a top priority for us every trip because there are other places I enjoy more/want to try.

Kids under three eat free so you could order a kids meal or just eat off your plate.
The only eat for free at Buffet and Family Style. This is a blend of family style and a la carte, so based on what I'm gathered from others, they do NOT get a free meal, but can eat the apps and desserts that are served family style. Then they can eat off of our plates or pay for their own meal.

The only eat for free at Buffet and Family Style. This is a blend of family style and a la carte, so based on what I'm gathered from others, they do NOT get a free meal, but can eat the apps and desserts that are served family style. Then they can eat off of our plates or pay for their own meal.

Oops yes. No free meals at table service.

We have reservations for our Sept trip. I am still on the fence about this but I am more on the leaning towards doing it side. We are on the regular dining plan ( got free quick service and paid for the upgrade to regular plan ) so, cost of meal is not a concern. Menu doesn't over excite me (Prime Rib is okay) and it is somewhat out of the way ( as trying to coordinate with our plans we are rope drop , park hop, earlyish to bed people staying at POP). However, the experience and the characters are extremely enticing ( my DD24 is a Villain freak ) and Dopey is fun and cute as well ( this is only 1 of 2 character meals we have planned ). I was able to get the time we wanted ( figured we would try to go early dinner on our way back to MK for an EMH evening)
This is our first trip to Disney, and after comparing the food offerings and the character experience, we decided to go for it. It seems like a great deal for 1 TS credit, and I also love that we get to meet a Disney villain, in addition to the usual characters!

I got the night I wanted but not till 8:25 and we wanted around 6. Been checking daily but no luck yet.

I got the night I wanted but not till 8:25 and we wanted around 6. Been checking daily but no luck yet.

Try using the touring plans reservation finder. I couldn’t get the time I wanted either, but booked it just in case. Then I used the reservation finder and have gotten several openings. I just used evening as my time frame and would book anything that was closer to my ideal time until I finally got exactly the time I wanted. It took about 3 weeks.

Try using the touring plans reservation finder. I couldn’t get the time I wanted either, but booked it just in case. Then I used the reservation finder and have gotten several openings. I just used evening as my time frame and would book anything that was closer to my ideal time until I finally got exactly the time I wanted. It took about 3 weeks.

Same! My first booking was just within 180 days and I got an 8:55 ADR. Used Touring Plans reservation finder and managed to get a 6pm. We're happy with that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter