Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

Ugh totally wish we could've tried this on our trip! The pictures look really cool. Has anybody ever heard of these new restaurants doing a soft opening a few days prior to the actual opening? Or am I dreaming? LOL
Yes... we lucked out with a soft opening for BOG. We were there a week or so before the official opening and stopped by. Sure enough, the CM told us to stop by later in the afternoon and we might get lucky... we were! We had a fabulous dinner and were thrilled to be among the first to dine there!

Would you pay out of pocket to go here or do you think its going to be very overrated.
I added the ddp when I added this meal and rearranged some stuff I had booked on a split stay to do my high priced AYCTE first part of the stay. This meal put it over the top for me, I already had crystal palace (moved that one earlier and moved my via napoli later during the OOP part of the trip), 'Ohana, tusker house lunch with RoL package and this one added to all that made the DDP worth it - along with a day planned at the festival of arts to use those snack credits.

So with the dining plans now including alcohol, I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that this character meal alcohol would NOT be included? Has anyone heard??

Maybe it will be the specialty cocktails that aren't included with DDP? But a standard drink, beer or glass of wine would?

it's a great value per credit. at $75 or so a day it's $55 + alcoholic beverage averaging $10 + tax = almost your whole credit.

Maybe it will be the specialty cocktails that aren't included with DDP? But a standard drink, beer or glass of wine would?
this would be the only one on property where it's not the case. The alcoholic beverages are no more expensive than they are elsewhere. I can't imagine they would change the rules for this one although what that person may be thinking is that they are not included with the prix fixe cost. THAT is typical across Disney property, but when you have the DDP, alcoholic beverages are included even with prixe fixe meals... if you're paying cash, only the meal with non alcoholic beverage (and often non specialty beverages too) are included and if you want a cocktail it is extra on the cost of the meal.

I wonder how long it will stay 1 DDP credit. BoG at a similar price is 2 credits on the DDP. I suspect if it is as popular as BoG, it will change quickly. However, not being in a park, it may not ever be as popular as BoG.

I wonder how long it will stay 1 DDP credit. BoG at a similar price is 2 credits on the DDP. I suspect if it is as popular as BoG, it will change quickly. However, not being in a park, it may not ever be as popular as BoG.

This is exactly why I'm going to do it this trip even if my party is split. It is an excellent use of 1 credit and we won't always have dining plan on future trips anyway.

I don't really like using 2TS for any meal. We are using 2 for Tiffin's ROL package but only because we wouldn't get any DVC, AP or Dis Visa discount on that meal. We'll pay oop for things like HDDR and SoA and get the category 1 seating instead and use a discount. We stopped going to Le Cellier when it went to 2TS. I have CRT booked but not sure we're even keeping it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter