"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Weird question, but how to BCV lovers like Polynesian stays? I have never been to Polynesian but am curious with the new tower. If I like the calm of BCV and walking in to a resort, would Polynesian likely not be my jam? Sounds busy there and reliant on transport…
We stay mainly at the BWV and the BCV and did not care for the Polynesian. I had always wanted to stay there and we finally booked there in 2019 and did not enjoy it at all. My wife and I really like the BWV the best, when it's just the two of us, BCV with whole family, because it's all encompassing and you don't have to go outside to come and go from your room. Plus the Poly in our opinion was too dark in the early mornings and nights for walking the pathways around the resort. The benefit of the monorail to get to MK and EPCOT didn't compare to walking (or short boat ride) to HS and EPCOT. Also, there is a lot more to do in the Boardwalk area that we enjoy.

Weird question, but how to BCV lovers like Polynesian stays? I have never been to Polynesian but am curious with the new tower. If I like the calm of BCV and walking in to a resort, would Polynesian likely not be my jam? Sounds busy there and reliant on transport…

We stay mainly at the BWV and the BCV and did not care for the Polynesian.
Interesting-it's two against. I also own and love BCV, but stayed at Polynesian once, and really disliked it. I'm not sure why, but I think it's probably about the theming. As Samantha Brown pointed out (remember her?), Beach Club reminds me of Cape Cod, which I love. The Poly, on the other hand, is like Hawaii and the West Indies area, which I have no interest in visiting.

Our favorite DVC is BCV. We dreamed of Poly for years, and finally rented points for a split stay this past August with BWV. This was before we became DVC owners at CCV, for both value and because we like it. After staying at Poly, we decided we are walking/bus/Skyliner people rather than monorail people. Poly is very cool, and I would stay again, but one issue I saw was that people who went there for dinner only, walked through the pool area after fireworks. People hanging out there from off property would have made me more hesitant if I had younger children. That being said, the rooms with two shower areas are really great, and the walk to TTC is short. If Epcot is your to-go place, BCV just cannot be beat. I suggest trying a split stay with BCV at the end so you can relax but see both options.

Totally different vibes, but we love both. We’re in the process of buying our first DVC contract (currently waiting on ROFR) and chose BCV because our family likes Epcot and HS the most, but will consider Poly if (when? 😂) we do a second contract.

The lobby of the Ceremonial House can get busy with people there to eat and the beach is busy during the fireworks, but we’ve never considered it overwhelming. It’s also a lot quieter once you get back into the longhouses and the sidewalks around them. The main pool is always pretty busy, but there’s another pool that was a lot quieter. For reference, we typically travel over Thanksgiving and during the Princess race weekend in February, and have two elementary aged kids. We like the ability to walk to the TTC of going to Epcot.

There's a bell stand inside in the main lobby. They will take care of that for you.

Man, I would be missing BCV a ton if I had to move to AKL. This will be your first but not your last stay at BCV!!
It’s my son’s graduation trip and we are surprising him with an AKL Savanna view room! He loves animals! ☺️

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest