Steakhouse in Orlando

bafmrf

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if there is a steakhouse called Chuck's or Charlie's (can't remember) in Orlando. We were there over 8 years ago and it was the best steak dinner we have ever had... wanted to go back and trying to remember where it was. Maybe on International Drive....Does anyone have any information? Thank you,

Martha.

Charlys steakhouse on Idrive, next to Mercado, the 192 and the original Charlys on South OBT.

Always in the top ten idpendant steakhouses in the USA.

We've ben going to the OBT one since 84 and its never been anything but perfect.

I was looking at go2orlando.com and it said that the one on I drive was not kid friendly but the other one was. Is there any difference in the quality of steaks at either of them. We were at the one by the Mercado and really enjoyed it.

The I drive and 192 locations were built for tourists and yes are kid friendly ..ish :D
You also pay tourist prices...but hey your on vacation :)

Theres no differnce in the steaks its all prime USDA 5 -6 week aged and hung beef.
My favs the 32oz porterhouse and the 22 oz filet (ask its not on the menu unless you have lobster to share)

The location on South Orange Blossom Trail (just up from the Florida Mall) was the Original.
Not so touristy, however we took our kids (3 and 5) and got on fine.
Here the 32oz porterhouse and all can eat salad, bread and french onion soup was $25.
if you go round the back in the car park they have open windows onto the meat hanging and grills.

Others call themselves steakhouses, CHARLYS is "THE STEAKHOUSE"

Enjoy ;)

Actually, I think it's Charley's but other than that, Dave is absolutely spot on ;)

oops sorry guvner gotta use me best spellings over ere then av I ;) Gaud bless ya sire.

I,m frightfully sure that Simons spelling is correct, ( I understand he writes books) I apologise on behalf of the entire United Kingdom for not being able to spell Charleys correctly, and that being the name of our future King as well, may I be locked in the tower until I learn better ;)

Still bet I can eat more than you :D

Thanks for all of the information....You made me hungry just reading it....The best part for me was the filet and the large mushrooms on the side. Yummmmmm...We did plan on checking out the Mercado after dinner but I wasn't sure if we could take the boys 7 & 6 to Charleys....They are well behaved in a restaurant but maybe we'll leave them in a kids club instead.

Thanks again,

Martha.

Cheers Simon

Martha
We never have the sides of mushrooms or onions , could never manage all the steak as well.

By the way the desserts are huge and look FAB as well, however I,ve never eaten one as they normally have to carry me out full of porterhouse.

Take the kids they'll love the Charleys (ok;)) burger, its made of all the bits of meat they have left after cutting the steaks and is huge ;),
if the kids don't finish it, doggy bag it, it really is wondeful I take my kids for that reason. :D

Put it back under the grill with some tomaotes and eggs...mmmm what a breakfast.

By the way we wear shorts etc to all Charleys I wear my elasticated waist shorts, you understand why :D

Have a great experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter