Staying at the Hilton Tokyo Odaiba - Should we switch hotels

TxMickeyLover

DIS Veteran
We are already going to be in Tokyo for a conference staying at the Hilton Odaiba which is a Good Neighbor Hotel for Disneyland. We are trying to decide what we are going to do after the conference, but we will definitely be spending a day or two at Disney. The question is, is there any reason to consider moving to one of the resort hotels or will we be just as happy sticking with the Hilton? We are normally Stay On Property kind of people.

I recently spent 4 nights at Tokyo Disneyland...2 nights at Hilton Tokyo Bay and 2 nights at Disney Ambassador. Of those, I actually enjoyed Hilton Tokyo Bay more. It was a short walk to the monorail station and the Ambassador, while great, didn't have all that much of a Disney vibe to me.
It looks like you can get from Hilton Odaiba to Disneyland in about 40 minutes. Based on that, I think it is fine to stay there and do the commute. My only exception to that is if you could get a room at the Hotel MiraCosta, both based on your budget and availability. I tried to book a room there for my trip but it was completely booked. My once in a lifetime trip to Tokyo Disney has turned into a twice of a lifetime trip just based on the exterior of MiraCosta and seeing how it overlooked Tokyo DisneySea. I am saving up for a return trip when I will definitely stay there. Have fun!

I recently spent 4 nights at Tokyo Disneyland...2 nights at Hilton Tokyo Bay and 2 nights at Disney Ambassador. Of those, I actually enjoyed Hilton Tokyo Bay more. It was a short walk to the monorail station and the Ambassador, while great, didn't have all that much of a Disney vibe to me.
It looks like you can get from Hilton Odaiba to Disneyland in about 40 minutes. Based on that, I think it is fine to stay there and do the commute. My only exception to that is if you could get a room at the Hotel MiraCosta, both based on your budget and availability. I tried to book a room there for my trip but it was completely booked. My once in a lifetime trip to Tokyo Disney has turned into a twice of a lifetime trip just based on the exterior of MiraCosta and seeing how it overlooked Tokyo DisneySea. I am saving up for a return trip when I will definitely stay there. Have fun!
I really want to stay at the MiraCosta, but I don't think I can convince DH to spend $500+ to stay there.

If you’re only doing a day or two at Tokyo Disney Resort, then I probably wouldn’t worry about changing hotels.

But, the Hilton Tokyo Bay is lovely and extremely convenient. The extra travelling time from Odaiba could be annoying, especially if you arrive at least an hour before opening and stay well after closing looking at the shops.

If you're normally 'stay on property' type then be prepared to walk a lot and take the trains. It will add at least 30-45 minutes to your entrance and exit. My wife and I travelled from Ueno every day for 3 days but we are 'stay way off property to save money' type people and had a lot of other plans around Tokyo.

Enjoy the parks, DisneySea is amazing!

Last edited:
It is very convenient to stay at one of the hotels on the circle. If you need to run back to the room for something you can take the monorail back and it is very quick. We have stayed at the Hilton Tokyo Bay, Maihama Hotel Club and Sunroute and we were fine with all of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter