• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stayed at HRH June 2002....thinking of trying RPH. Will we be happy?

Goofy'sFriend

"Gawrsh"
We stayed at HRH in a deluxe room 2 years ago. We LOVED it! I would like to try something different and we especially like the tropical theme. I know the rooms would be much smaller, especially since we are a family of 5. Another downside is that my kids loved the waterslide and RPH does not have one. On the good side, the price would be better at RPH and it would be something new to try. What do you think? I would appreciate any opinions, especially if you have stayed at both resorts.:D

I've stayed at both and enjoyed both of them. We stayed at the HRH with our kids and RPR without. RPR was beautiful and tropical, really gorgeous. We loved the Islands dining room for breakfast, it has a really great buffet. However, I wouldn't stay there with the kids, unless we had some sort of suite. It was much, much smaller than HRH. I can't imagine it with five people! The rooms are darker too, so they seem even smaller. Your older kids would miss the slide too I think. RPR has a boat play area, but it is not the same as the cool HRH slide. HRH has a much better location also, much quicker to the parks and that would be important to me too with kids. Just my opinion. Have fun planning!

We have stayed at both. I love the theming of the RPR better. I did also like the pool better at RPR even though there is no slide. The ship is a great place for the kids to play. However my 2 oldest 13 and 16 liked the HRH better. Its much "cooler", lol. I cannot compare the standard rooms of the 2 since at the HRH we had a deluxe room and of course it was bigger. Actually either way you cant loose. We picked our hotel for this stay by which one we could get a good discount at. Our family is always happy to stay at either.

I've stayed at both and I did not notice a difference in the room size (they looked and felt about the same to me) and I did not find the room at the RP to be "dark" (some people used to decribe it this way).

I can't imagine 5 in a room though. How old are the children?

The RP has a nice pool with a nice play area for the kids but still, I preferred the Hard Rock over the RP all the way around. It just was "better" to me. This might have to do with personal tastes rather than actual differences. The beds are great at both, both a deluxe hotels.

If I was going back to the RP, I might try conceirge level next time. Otherwise, I'd pick the HR.

Just wanted to add one more thing. We stayed in a deluxe and a standard at HRH. The deluxe was only slightly bigger than the standard, I really didn't notice too much of a difference. However, the standard at RPR significantly smaller than both of the HRH rooms.

The room at RPR is definitely smaller than the room at HRH. I've stayed at both and while we prefer RPR, I think with five, you would be better off in a bigger room. When we were at RPR last time, my cousin and her family were in the room next to us. She, her mother and three kids. It was tight!

Thanks for all of your opinions.....they are very helpful. I wish they had slightly larger rooms at RPH and that would make my decision so much easier. I have 3 boys.....two are teenagers, so even though we spend little time in the room, I'm thinking we will be quite cramped. The HRH deluxe gave us enough room to move around comfortably. Unfortunately, the best price I can find for Aug. is 232 for the deluxe. We only payed 129 in June 02.:rolleyes:

Keep in mind you can pool hop over to HRH. The $232 deluxe room rate sounds wonderful. The best we could get in April for a standard room at HRH was $242 and to make matters worse we have 4 children so we have to get 2 rooms. Yikes!

We stayed in 2 rooms at RPR last April and had my sister and BIL stay with us, so 4 people per room. It wasn't too crowded, but we didn't have a rollaway so I don't know how much that would change things.

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter