Staycation Birthday

Tgrgrl

Mouseketeer
So due to Hubs work schedule, we, along with our DD’s ages 10 & 7, are taking a Staycation at PB in June for 4 days. We will also be celebrating my 50th birthday (eek!) so is it presumptive to note this on the “special requests” on our reservation? I’m not asking for upgrade to the Presidential Suite but was wondering if the hotel acknowledges life events in any way?

Ok, how is going to Universal a staycation? :)

Just like with Disney, note it but don’t expect anything. There are always many many people celebrating things there.

I'm guessing the "staycation" part is maybe staying at the resort and not going to the parks?
Sounds fun!

I have had a few friends that stay onsite at one of the deluxe hotels and never hit a park.

They are they to relax, do the pool and eat at city walk or the other hotels onsite.

It's more common than most peeps realize that staycations are fun for families.

Hey, sorry, guess I should have explained more clearly....we live in Orlando & due to husband’s work contract obligations, we can’t take a family vacation out of town this summer. So we are spending a few days at PBH, will do the early admission stuff, husband goes to work a few hours while the girls & I have downtime at the hotel, then hit the parks/CityWalk when he returns in the afternoon. Rinse & repeat .......not technically a “Staycation “ since we will be at a hotel at night but still only about 15 minutes from the real world.

Last edited:
Hope you have a great birthday celebration!

Sounds like it will be fun as no cooking or regular life duties happening during your stayvacation

Let the TM know you are local but staying on site to just enjoy the hotel and it’s amenities they have

Change of scenery is always a good thing
You will relax those 4 days and have no cleaning or cooking to do

We stayed and RPR in October of last year. I noted the kids Birthdays on the reservation and they presented them both a card with a voucher for a free drink or dessert and balloons. Not expected, but it was a sweet thing for them to do.

So due to Hubs work schedule, we, along with our DD’s ages 10 & 7, are taking a Staycation at PB in June for 4 days. We will also be celebrating my 50th birthday (eek!) so is it presumptive to note this on the “special requests” on our reservation? I’m not asking for upgrade to the Presidential Suite but was wondering if the hotel acknowledges life events in any way?

We've stayed at the Hard Rock hotel for birthdays and our anniversary. They sent up a piece of birthday(anniversary) cake from room service. And I've seen others outside of people's doors when they were done. So, maybe not guaranteed, but I think it's fairly common to get the cake at that hotel. I'd mention it when booking the room to have it noted on your reservation and then upon check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter