Stay on site ?

Z

zum

Does staying on site at DL gain you early entry, to parks like at WDW, or confer other advantages ? (Priority seating, etc.)
Does DL have E ticket nights ?
Does staying on sight enhance the whole Disney experience at DL like it does at WDW ? (At WDW I enjoy the resorts almost as much as the parks.)
How many days does one need to comfortably see & do everything at DL including the new CA ?

Your opinions and information are appreciated !

I've only stayed onsite at DL once, but here's what I observed.

It *may* get you in early one or two days a week when no one else can, but I don't think so. Early Entry is open to all "good neighbor" hotel guests if you have the right kind of pass.

The only reservation assistance I've heard of is you can get Blue Bayou reservations the day before though Guest Services, instead of having to wait until the day of and the park opens.

You *are* closer to some action at the Disneyland Hotel, though not much. It's easier to get to the nicer restaurants by staying there.

It does somewhat enhance the experience, but not as much as staying on-site at WDW does.

DL did try to have E-nights for a while, but for some reason they didn't work as well at DL as they do at WDW, so they're no longer doing E-nights.

To *comefortably* see and do everything at *DL* would take 2-3 days. In commando-mode, though, you can see about 3/4 of Disneyland in one day if the park is open long hours and you work the Fastpass system so you don't stand in any line for more than 20 minutes. That's one heckuva long day, though ;) I've done it twice now ;)

I haven't been to DCA, but I'd guess due to its size that if you went after the rush was over, you could see all of it in one day. If you're going when things are still crowded, I'd plan 2.

So for a comfortable trip that would give you time to see most if not all of DL and DCA at a comfortable (not commando) pace, I'd say go for 4 or 5 days.

-Rajah
tigerbow.gif

mickeymoonsm.jpg

cdrtrisal@aol.com

(Links will return when I find a new place to host the sites)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter