Starting Today, Fuel Up Your Tank with this New Menu at Flo’s V8 Café at Disney California Adventure

I am also excited. I love club sandwiches. Pleased to see I can get the club on a gluten free bun. We are definitely going to give it a try when we are there in July. I really liked the original menu at Flo’s (although its been so long that at this point all I can remember is I liked it, not what was on it lol) but I’m not a fan of the current (or, I guess no longer current as of today) menu.

Not saying they need more burgers, but DCA only had one burger option. I think it is about what sells and is most popular. They've tweaked the menu a few times and must have decided it needed further changes.

I think the pot pie is vegetarian.

Never assume. They could quite easy use a chicken stock in the mix they put in the pie shell.

I have so little faith that it would be any better than their atrocity of a veggie option the first (and last) time we ate there. Still shuddering over it, lol.

Works for us! I presume the fried chicken is the same as the Plaza, score! The club and tuna sandwiches look good, and the addition of chicken noodle soup is good too. I will miss the turkey dip, but this is only a temporary menu for Pixar fest so it will be gone by September anyway.

I will say, thematically, this menu makes WAY more sense.

I haven't seen anything indicating the menu change is temporary.

We ate at Flo’s today with the new menu. I had the Turkey club and liked it a lot. The turkey tasted lije turkey and not just that “lunchmeat” flavor. Good bacon and the avocado bacon mayo was good. The fries were good and were like s,all steak fries. Husband had the chicken. He said the chicken was good. The potatoes were barely okay and to salty. Veggies were fine. I would go back to eat what I had and try a couple other items.

Small menu with generic options... I don't love it. They could do anything they wanted - this seems like the meals / ingredients from a few existing restaurants re-purposed for the already under populated Flo's. Will this new menu entice more guests to come in? For the corn and chedder pot pie??? o_O

I'm eyeing those steak fries with quite a bit of happiness. I won't touch anything else there (but wouldn't before so that's not a change).

I'm so sorry for everyone that's lost a favorite dish :(. As much as I love seeing steak fries, I would rather y'all have what you liked there. I doubt I'll be over there much even with steak fries available.

As we've seen, this isn't the first change to Flo's menu and it probably won't be the last. So let's get out there, at least try something (one thing?) on the new menu, and send in those constructive comments! If Disney gets no feedback on this menu, it will stay as is for a while and the pencil pushers will have their way again. At least let management know that guests do care about the food, what it is, and where it is served. Let them know what worked on the old menu and why. And if anything works on this new menu, let them know now before they take it away!

Ugh... I liked the menu when it first opened, then they changed it for the worse, but there were still a couple things I might order. With this new menu, there isn't anything I'd want to order. So disappointing.

Agree, the original menu was the best. We loved the turkey dinner. All of the menu options since the original have been a disappointment for us. Love seeing a new menu to try.

No, it's a Pixar Fest special menu. The names of the food items hint at that, and it was announced during the Pixar Fest media day that this menu would get a makeover for Pixar Fest.

Well, temporary is a flexible term with Disney. Look at Red Rose Tavern. Even if this menu doesn't last, I wouldn't expect the previous menu to return in full.

No, it's a Pixar Fest special menu. The names of the food items hint at that, and it was announced during the Pixar Fest media day that this menu would get a makeover for Pixar Fest.
They didn't say temporary like they did for Pizza Port. Plus the restaurant is in Carsland-the names are Pixar because they are for the Cars characters. The problem is that this restaurant is in a great location, but has had issues selling its menu. They'll continue tweaking the menu until it is popular and busy.

Wow, the new menu is super disappointing. I ate here when they first opened Carsland and the menu and food choices were fantastic. I can understand people expecting burgers in a diner setting, so why not just add burgers to the menu instead of getting rid of everything else? Fried chicken only now, no healthier choice like rotisserie chicken?? And what happened to the desserts?? There used to be a couple of really cool pie choices, now its just ONE strawberry pie and shakes. I can only hope that they have "seasonal" or "blue plate specials" that continue to offer some of the old menu items.

As it stands I will most likely not be eating here in the future because I don't like the new menu choices. And Disney burgers...yuck. I've NEVER had a good burger at Disney owned restaurant, not for my lack of trying!

They didn't say temporary like they did for Pizza Port. Plus the restaurant is in Carsland-the names are Pixar because they are for the Cars characters. The problem is that this restaurant is in a great location, but has had issues selling its menu. They'll continue tweaking the menu until it is popular and busy.

Yeah, okay, that makes sense. I never did understand the menu here previously. I mean, it's supposed to be a diner, right? This menu has much more mass appeal. It took until last month for my Cars obsessed son (age 12) to eat here, because he FINALLY decided to try roast beef. He was so stoked to finally WANT to eat at Flo's. The kids menu was super restrictive before. Only two sandwiches and mac and cheese, so I'm not surprised it wasn't too popular. It's going to be packed all the time once word gets out about this menu. There are lots of great options, IMO.

And maybe now we will actually be able to find a seat at Smokejumper's. I always thought it odd that it was the only place at DCA with burgers.

I’m in the minority but I’m very excited about the new menu! We weren’t fans of much of the old menu. There are several things now that will appeal to my group! Can’t wait to try the Cobb salad in July! I hope the fried chicken is similar to Pkaza Inns!

Sorry many of you all are disappointed. I am still in total melt-down stressed out phase over the loss of the Tamales from the Cocina Cucamonga menu...somehow seeing the photo of that pot pie makes me feel a tiny bit better. That really looks good and I like the fruit on the side too (I'm not a steak fries fan- too thick). Probably still doesn't make DH or DD feel better though. That is a huge menu change at Flo's-- entirely different. Seems like DLR is really making some menu overhauls in the last couple of months. I can certainly understand why the Flo's fans are unhappy, we are not at all happy with the Cocina changes ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!