Starting to Pack

GabLovesDisney

Earning My Ears
We leave for Disney World June 9th.We have received our magic bands, have tickets etc. What is one thing to pack everyone seems to forget? We are staying in a condo in KIssimmee.

Well if you are staying in a condo don’t forget any brand specific foods that your group needs. For my kids that’s aldi brand Nutella. But as store brands can very by region even in the same company if anyone in your group is particular about that sort of thing pack it. When I stay dvc I take a small diaper box of favorite eats. That is the other thing that seems to change by region/factory diapers, laundry soap too. Why yes I do have a picky child with eczema who wears diapers, but every family has something.

We leave for Disney World June 9th.We have received our magic bands, have tickets etc. What is one thing to pack everyone seems to forget? We are staying in a condo in KIssimmee.

Honestly, don't even worry about it. We leave on June 14th and will start...and finish...packing June 13th. Make a list of all the things you can think of that you need, especially the big items. Worst case scenario is that you forget something and you have to go get it. Remember, you're in tourist central, not the middle of nowhere. There's a CVS, Wal-Mart, Target, grocery store at every single intersection. We've forgotten odds and ends and it's really no big deal at all.

Rain ponchos - we actually bring two sets when we go - if a set didn't dry in time we have another set. We love to stay in the parks when it is raining - the parks usually thin out. I also always pack wipes to clean down the room. As soon as we enter the room - no matter how nice the room is we clean everything down (especially the remote control for the TV). Enjoy - our trip is the end of the summer - we can't wait.

Does your condo have it's own pool? If so, don't forget pool toys and floaties if you have kids. I always forget those and end up having to buy them there!

Sunscreen for sure. I worked on my packing list yesterday. One thing for us - pennies and quarters for the penny press machines. Our Disney pins. I get more headaches in the heat so advil definitely. And of course rain ponchos.

Is this your first trip? Our first trip 30 odd years ago, we packed one pair of shoes. Of course they got wet and I was going crazy trying to dry sneakers with hair dryer.

We are the type to pack a whole drugstore since we don't have a car while staying on site. My husband feels better having everything on hand instead of having to worry about getting cold meds or whatever. But honestly now that there is prime now, it's very easy to get those cold meds.

I make a list on my phone a few days prior to leaving for my wife and I...it's something like

Hats
Sunscreen
Charging cables/portable charger
Deodorant
Female products (if applicable)
Extra socks
1-2 extra pairs of clothes
Windbreaker if rain is in forecast
Medicine (ibuprofen, etc)
Case of water
Magicbands and AP cards
Extra pair of shoes or sandals
Sandals or slippers for the hotel if you don't want to walk around barefoot

Prescription meds, vision care (contacts, glasses), and at least two pairs of shoes for touring the park.

That's it. I'm assuming with a condo off-property you will have a car. You can buy what you forget there.

I forgot a spare pair of contacts once. Just about had a panic attack when one lens went flying in the hotel room. Note - I NEVER have this happen at home. But - we found it! You can get these in Florida, too, but I have a tough prescription to fill so I don't risk it when I travel and I hate wearing my glasses (plus, that would take a lot of time to resolve!).

I make a checklist.

Prescription meds Prescription Sunglasses are #1 to my family because they aren't something you can just pick up at Target if you forget them.

Loose coins and dollars for toll roads if driving (if you don't have Sunpass etc.) and also for tipping while on vacation.

I think it's easy to forget the last things you used before heading out door like toothbrush, deodorant, razor etc.

Someone is house/dog sitting for us next week when we leave and the #1 thing I need to do is have everyone in my family shut their daily alarms off :music:

Paper copy of hotel reservation confirmation in your purse. We always do this because you never know....it came in handy once in Lake George where our reservation was screwed up, things happen. It's always good to have the paper. I don't rely on phone email for this either because with my luck, my phone would be dead when we walked up to check in.

Small first aid kit, Allergy meds, pepto any prescription creams that you don't normally use but may (I bring everything and we usually wind up using it all) Glide or lotrimin spray if you have an issue w/thigh rub, ICY hot, special shampoo (especially w/ so much chemical in the pools, I bring It's A 10 shampoo to keep our hair manageable) entertainment for kid(s) --we drive so I always make sure my DD has pillow, blanket, dvd player/earbuds, movies, books and Nintendo DS. Sometimes she brings some coloring supplies. WIPES(both baby wipes for car / parks and toilet wipes), napkins, sanitizer. Backpack, soft side cooler with ice packs--case of water, plastic garbage bags for wet clothes and garbage while in car. Extra bags for souveniors, Pedicure supplies in case I need to touch up toes. It's a lot but as long as I remember all these things, everyone's happy ☺

Last edited:
I am packing something new this year. A power strip!
We are a family of 5 and even though there are plenty of outlets in a resort hotel...everyone likes to plug phones & devices near the beds. Now we will be able to! :thumbsup2

If you are staying in a condo, you should find out what they will have stocked. I only stay off site in condos, and it is my experience there will be a starter roll of toilet paper, one pack of laundry detergent, and one pack of dishwasher soap. I usually pack a baggie full of Tide pods and a baggie full of Cascade pods. If we don't plan on going to the grocery store, I also toss in a couple of rolls of TP.

Insect bite spray is one thing I always seem to need. Although one year I got bitten by a snake - the little holes in my foot didn't heal completely for about a year! Portable chargers are also totally worth it. You can buy them at the Disney parks or bring your own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter