Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have different expectations on a cruise. We all know they're tight on space. I have a different expectation for any hotel calling itself "luxury" in any way. As much as I love the idea of this hotel, if it means all 4 of us sleeping on bunk beds in one room, I'm very likely out. :)
THe pic everyone is talking about with regards to the bunk beds makes it look like there is a Queen or King in the room. Look on the left bottom side of the picture. I'm envisioning bunks for the kiddos and a regular bed for the parentals.

THe pic everyone is talking about with regards to the bunk beds makes it look like there is a Queen or King in the room. Look on the left bottom side of the picture. I'm envisioning bunks for the kiddos and a regular bed for the parentals.

Yep, I was meaning to point out the same thing. One would imagine there could be several different room types, similar to AKL and WL (some with bunk beds, some with 2 queens, others with 1 king).

Yep, I was meaning to point out the same thing. One would imagine there could be several different room types, similar to AKL and WL (some with bunk beds, some with 2 queens, others with 1 king).
I could see that. But not tighter quarters than any other hotel room. I’d love to see suite options as well that at least give the ability to cut a room in two for sleeping.

When we travel we generally get 2BR suites — and are certainly accustomed to that at WDW with DVC. Other times we’ll get two separate hotel rooms if there are no suites. Given what we can imagine the cost will be per room, two rooms would be prohibitive for most. If they don’t have any option other than a standard room with two beds or the like, we may not go for it. And we would be in this market otherwise.

Although I am used to a nice 1 bedroom, I think we could handle a one queen plus bunks studio for a short stay. I think the 2 night immersion is right on the money. Check in midday, special viewing for a nighttime GE bon voyage show, resort activities the next day with EMHs at GE in the evening and EMH or character breakfast the next morning, "disembarking" into GE for the rest of the day while your luggage is being transferred to your DVC room for the rest of the vacation.

But I can also see the $$$ adding up even if the initial cost is ~1000-1400 pp. I could see this turning into $1000 pp/nt. Immersive is not necessarily inclusive. It may include a big show, certain activities, GE entry, maybe even resort counter service meals and not include most of the high demand resort activities and fine/character dining.

I better start saving my pennies now!

Oh those bunk beds. I really hope they have normal beds cause I'd never stay in those lol

I see them going Wilderness Lodge style where the bunk bed rooms are an option. Ofcourse they're going to offer 2 queen beds or a king bed option. They're all about the story, but they're about comfort too. Disney knows what they're doing and you can bet with this being the first of it's kind they're going to pull out all the stops to make it over the top.

As far as transportation to SW Land - I don't think this is all that hard to swallow. More than likely they'll do a subway style underground or monorail style with programmed screens in place of the windows.

I see them going Wilderness Lodge style where the bunk bed rooms are an option. Ofcourse they're going to offer 2 queen beds or a king bed option. They're all about the story, but they're about comfort too. Disney knows what they're doing and you can bet with this being the first of it's kind they're going to pull out all the stops to make it over the top.

As far as transportation to SW Land - I don't think this is all that hard to swallow. More than likely they'll do a subway style underground or monorail style with programmed screens in place of the windows.
I would be surprised if there is an actual “ride” that moves folks from the hotel to GE - seems like too much maintenance/expense. Probably just a covered walkway/tunnel.

Can I be your adopted son when it opens? ;)

Everything I have heard is they are going to run this line a cruise experience. I have heard people won't be able to visit this resort unless you are staying there.
Yeah -- that's what I'd expect from what I've read here and elsewhere. And you strike me as pretty well-behaved... so why not?! :D

Thanks, Ryan. I'm still of the crowd that thinks they almost HAVE to do some type of immersive entryway into the land from this location. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

What does everyone think about how much it will cost to stay there initially? It's gotta be over $1000/night...

Last edited:
What does everyone think about how much it will cost to stay there initially? It's gotta be over $1000/night...

I don't think it will be so much pre-night but like a cruise a set price for the allincusive experience which includes x nights at hotel, so much time at galaxy's edge, etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!