Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only that, but I know I'd love to steer one time and run the guns the second time at the very least. So two roles per mission. That's probably at least 3 trips worth of doing. No way you'll be able to do all of them in a single vacation unless that's all you do for a week.

A series of pods on a turntable has me wonder about loading and unloading logistics. I presume there will be a set time in your pod, but a couple of questions come to mind.
  • Does the turntable stop for loading and, if so, for how long? How does that impact the other pods on the turntable, if at all? I guess I am thinking something similar to Carousel of Progress between loads.
  • Will there be a single loading station for each pod so that each guests has the Falcon replica experience (I think this has been confirmed)? Does each of the pods have their own loading station at one time?

A series of pods on a turntable has me wonder about loading and unloading logistics. I presume there will be a set time in your pod, but a couple of questions come to mind.
  • Does the turntable stop for loading and, if so, for how long? How does that impact the other pods on the turntable, if at all? I guess I am thinking something similar to Carousel of Progress between loads.
  • Will there be a single loading station for each pod so that each guests has the Falcon replica experience (I think this has been confirmed)? Does each of the pods have their own loading station at one time?
The turntable doesn’t stop as far as I know. It’s considered more or less a continuous loader like an omnimover.

Each pod does have their own falcon replica experience.

Each pod does have their own falcon replica experience.

The pragmatic side of me thought they would have each pod load in series (not simultaneously) to save costs. This tells me that Disney didn't spare any expense on the immersion level for the guests.

Just as I predicted it looks like GE at WDW won't open until December 2019. Makes sense actually as they would want to grab those massive holiday crowds.

That's what I thought they were basing it on. People are thinking that prices might go up again once everyone get used to the new system...just in time for SW:GE.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1052214873722118146

What’s everyone’s thoughts? I just can’t imagine they will open a few days before Christmas. Surely a logistical nightmare?

don't see why it would be, to be honest. It's Christmas; the crowds are already there, and WDW is pretty much at max capacity. If anything, this might help draw crowds away from MK a little, making other parts of WDW more tolerable.

don't see why it would be, to be honest. It's Christmas; the crowds are already there, and WDW is pretty much at max capacity. If anything, this might help draw crowds away from MK a little, making other parts of WDW more tolerable.

True. I just thought they might want the Thanksgiving money. And WDW is no longer the no crowds place it used to be during the first two weeks of December.

I think it is WDWNT making a huge jump to say these are the dates it is “very likely” to open

Might wind up to be the case in the end but I don’t think this is near enough evidence

Is it obvious I’m in a mood about it because it’s stating the opening day is the day after I go home :badpc:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1052214873722118146

What’s everyone’s thoughts? I just can’t imagine they will open a few days before Christmas. Surely a logistical nightmare?

I said the same thing on another thread. There is no way they would open SW a week before Christmas- closing gates at MK and DHS for capacity, the bus system, the restaurants, etc. Logistics aren't there, you will have MANY angry guests - just bad business. My guess is either Late October, early November or not until Jan 2020- The ticket price thing may have to do they are a week from Christmas and want to judge sales with the new system before providing updated pricing. However, I priced a "package" from 12/22/19 to 12/27/19- the ticket prices for 7 days for 3- 2 adults and child came out to be about 83 a person per day with park hopper. Not sure that means much more than its the week of Christmas and they are going to up the prices for that week no matter what.

As big as SW:GE is, it isn't a completely separate park. The last time I remember any attraction opening being in anyway tied to admission tickets was when a completely new theme park opened. Given that, I think assuming that there is going to be some linkage this time is a leap too far.

The explanation that makes better sense to me is that the new set day by day admission pricing scheme was just introduced. They're not going to release new admission pricing day by day, so perhaps they'll do it four times a year. December 16, 2019 may be one year plus three months after the date they prepared the first set of day by day pricing under the new scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!