Stalking vs. Waitlist - Stalking Wins Again

A win for the wait list here. I've been checking every day twice a day for Sept. 26 standard studio to become available at the Poly at no luck. Today I logged in and my wait list for that date came through. I checked last night at 9pm and there wasn't anything available.

I'm relieved since I had the day before and the day after booked there.

I noticed a lot of availability opened up for BWV garden/pool view this afternoon.
That’s what we got!
We were at SSR,and I realize that Peter Noone of Herman’s Hermits is the Garden Rocks performance, and well, it’s a lot more convenient to get there from BWV.
When I checked this morning, there were NO studios available anywhere for my dates, including no studios at SSR.

That’s what we got!
We were at SSR,and I realize that Peter Noone of Herman’s Hermits is the Garden Rocks performance, and well, it’s a lot more convenient to get there from BWV.
When I checked this morning, there were NO studios available anywhere for my dates, including no studios at SSR.

It's been like that for the last few days, at least. There has been hardly anything available in a studio for May. Then, this afternoon, almost all of May became available for garden/pool studios. Are they still renovating at BWV?

It's been like that for the last few days, at least. There has been hardly anything available in a studio for May. Then, this afternoon, almost all of May became available for garden/pool studios. Are they still renovating at BWV?

I don’t know, but I noticed this as well. We have a P/G view studio at BWV booked for our next trip for one night, and I have a standard view wait listed. I’m sure I’d like the P/G view better, but I’m trying to save a few points so I can add them to a different night. Every point counts!!!

I don’t know, but I noticed this as well. We have a P/G view studio at BWV booked for our next trip for one night, and I have a standard view wait listed. I’m sure I’d like the P/G view better, but I’m trying to save a few points so I can add them to a different night. Every point counts!!!

And just as quickly as it appeared, it has now disappeared! There are only two nights that I see available in May for BWV garden/pool view studios.

Strange experience. I had eleven nights at Jambo booked, standard studio with a one night concierge studio in the middle of the stay. At eleven months out, only one night concierge was available, so I waitlisted two other nights, one o n either side of the night I was able to book.

Today at 11 am, I saw six nights in my span available on the RAT. I tried to book, but the reservation wouldn't go beyond the first step. I called member services and was able to get the reservation. Great news! However, I am now wondering why my waitlist was not fulfilled and why member services was able to complete the reservation when I could not.

At any rate, as many have already said, stalking works!

Another waitlist came through for my April trip. I received an email too!

Wait list worked for me (received an email too!), and I was stalking several times a day. I noticed that my waitlist request was missing from my dashboard, so I had a good feeling that it had been matched. What's weird is that I checked RAT several times before the request was matched, and I didn't see any availability. Nor did I see any availability after my waitlist disappeared, but before my trip was actually confirmed by Member Services. I don't understand it, but I'm going to keep doing a combo of both methods for upcoming trips.

Wait list worked for me (received an email too!), and I was stalking several times a day. I noticed that my waitlist request was missing from my dashboard, so I had a good feeling that it had been matched. What's weird is that I checked RAT several times before the request was matched, and I didn't see any availability. Nor did I see any availability after my waitlist disappeared, but before my trip was actually confirmed by Member Services. I don't understand it, but I'm going to keep doing a combo of both methods for upcoming trips.

I've been on the WL for months for a night in June. Nothing at all yet! I am glad to see that it is working out for others though because I honestly debated just dropping it and stalking since people are having success with that. I guess there is no harm in allowing it to stay on the WL.

I recently successfully stalked a Saturday night in March for a studio at VGC and felt like I struck gold! Now I have a waitlist in place for that Friday night but I’ll keep stalking to see if we can get it. Luckily we’re driving distance from DLR and can do last minute trips like this, and we might as well get more use out of our Premier passes before they expire!

I was shut out of one day (Dec 8) at BRV the first day of booking! I was looking to book a 3 night stay, but was only able to book 2 nights. Immediately went on the waitlist. Monday it came through!! And not only that, it linked it to my 2 night reservation automatically! I didn’t think they would do that automatically. Saved me a call and resent out a new confirmation. I am 3 for 3 on waitlists!!

I was shut out of one day (Dec 8) at BRV the first day of booking! I was looking to book a 3 night stay, but was only able to book 2 nights. Immediately went on the waitlist. Monday it came through!! And not only that, it linked it to my 2 night reservation automatically! I didn’t think they would do that automatically. Saved me a call and resent out a new confirmation. I am 3 for 3 on waitlists!!

That's great! It gives me hope for our October trip that our WL will come through. It is only for one night, and I have 2 different WL's going. I have a room booked, but I would like a different view or the 2-bdrm for only 2 more points for the one night!

In January I had a Easter week Boulder Creek waitlist come through. I stalked at least 3x a day but never saw anything. Then one morning I had a happy email in my inbox.

That's great! It gives me hope for our October trip that our WL will come through. It is only for one night, and I have 2 different WL's going. I have a room booked, but I would like a different view or the 2-bdrm for only 2 more points for the one night!

Best of luck! I just had a WL come through this morning for a Poly Standard studio the Friday of Columbus Day weekend. I really thought that one wouldn't but maybe with some other movement some requests are starting to get filled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts