SSR - where to stay?

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
We have not stayed at SSR in a few years. We have stayed in CP, but wondering what the benefits of the other area's are.

We have a 7 and 2 year old and are going on December.

Kristine

We have enjoyed staying in the Grandstand area. It is the 1st bus top and a quick walk to AP. It also has a nicely themed pool. It sits along the golf course too, and it's a quick walk to the boat launch.:thumbsup2

We prefer the Grand Stand because its the first stop and we like the pool.

We prefer the Paddock Area because of the new pool with bar and quick service restaurant.

We prefer Congress Park because to DTD views and its a quick walk over to DTD.

Love the Congress Park area. Right next to DTD and beautiful views from the quiet pool. Also, very close walk to the main pool and amenities. :thumbsup2

Is the paddock a much farther walk to DTD, as opposed to Congress Park? We walk there almost every day when we stay at SSR. I should have mentioned that we will have a car, so bus stops are not a top priority.

I will check more into paddock, it sounds nice. Although, in December, I don't know how much swimming we will get. Last December when we were there it was in the 30's!

Kristine

We were there in Oct in the Paddock for the first time and loved it. We were steps from the new pool which also has a quick serve and a refillable mug station (and the laundry, we were in a studio) it was so handy.

It was about 5 min across the lake to the High Rock Springs pool and main building. We only took the boat to DTD and it was about a 10 min walk back to our room.

Dh and I both agreed we would pick the Paddock again in a heart beat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter