SSR Thermostats

wcw57

DIS Veteran
I was just browsing and saw an old thread about motion sensor thermostats...

Is this still a concern at SSR?

We shant be there until Feb but, you know, planning.................

I copied this awhile back from someones post:How to set the temp:
No idea if this still works or not.

Press the power button and the down arrow button simultaneously. The letters "bp" should appear in the display indicating you are in "bypass" mode. Then you can use the up/down buttons to set the temperature. You may have to do this every 24 hours or every few days.
The sensor by-pass for our kind of thermostat was simple--I just pressed the "off" button and both the temperature "up/down" buttons all at the same time. "BP' appears in the thermostat, and then it operates as most other themostats in most other hotels in the US
And yet another:
The thermostat has two buttons on the left (ON/OFF and AUTO/FAN) and two buttons on the right (UP and DOWN)
1) Press the ON/OFF and AUTO/FAN buttons together. The digital display will change to 'CA'.
2) Press the ON/OFF and DOWN button together. The digital display will change to 'OR" (or something similar).
You have just deactivated the motion sensor. This will last for three days at which point you will have to repeat the process.
TO CHANGE AC THERMOSTAT SETTINGS THE THERMOSTAT HAS TO BE PUT INTO "SERVICE MODE" IT IS SIMPLE TO DO BY PRESSING THE FOLLOWING KEYS ON THE FRONT OF THE THERMOSTAT.
EXECUTE THE FOLLOWING SEQUENCE:
1. PRESS (AND KEEP PRESSED) THE F/C KEY
2. PRESS (AND RELEASE) THE OFF/AUTO KEY
3. PRESS (AND RELEASE) THE DISPLAY KEY.
4. RELEASE THE F/C KEY.
UPON SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING THIS SEQUENCE, THE LCD WILL DISPLAY PAR (PARAMETER) AND THE PARAMETER NUMBER.
1. PRESS THE UP ARROW KEY AND SCROLL UNTIL # 6 APPEARS. (NEW MODELS # 24)
2. PRESS THE OFF/AUTO KEY
3. THE CURRENT LOW TEMPERATURE IS DISPLAYED.
4. PRESS THE DOWN ARROW KEY AND SCROLL UNTIL THE DESIRED ROOM
TEMPERATURE APPEARS
5. PRESS THE F/C KEY
OKW
Thermostats at OKW are one of the easiest to override. Press and hold the F/C button on the left side of the thermostat. After 2-3 seconds bp will show on the display. The bypass will last for 24 hours so you need to do it every day. Pressing the F/C button will also change the display from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Just press it again to switch it back to whichever you prefer.

When we still call maintenance we also ask them to change the HVAC air filter. We have never had them remove a clean one yet, in fact most are filthy.

:earsboy: Bill

ugh. That's so gross. As an allergy/asthma family, that's def going on the to-do list.

Not sure about SSR, but at Kidani we were burning up until I found the AC thread. There's also a great you-tube video (just search the AC unit brand and override/VIP mode) that puts it into VIP mode where it overrides the motion sensor and doors. Saved our sleep on that vacation :)

Dirty filters are also sooooo bad for the longevity of the AC units. The more I'm thinking about this the grumpier I'm getting since we members are responsible for the cost of the repairs. Put the filters on a schedule and save our money in the long run :(

I absolutely LOATHE those type of thermostats. I can NOT sleep if it is not cool in the bedroom, as I have insomnia and need as many factors in my favor as possible to attempt at least some sleep. Bleh. :crazy2:

It's not just SSR that has those blasted thermostats. I don't have a problem with the sensor things turning the temp up while you are truly out and about, but what if you wanted to take a nap, or spend time in the room? When you are in the room, it seems you should be able to set the thermostat the way YOU want/need it, and have it STAY there. Makes me more than a tad crazy to pay good money, or good points for a room and then be miserable because of these dreadful devices.

And yes, as Disneynutz suggests, that is my M.O. The minute we check into a room, DVC or when traveling, if it has one of those sensor thermostats, I immediately call Maintenance and ask them to override that. In our non-Disney TS, I do the same, and they are super sweet about it, and can reset the override to last a full week at a time for me. :cutie:

many thanks....so, assuming they still have those thermostats.

How do you recognize such an animal?

Also, most rooms have a patio door switch, if you don't close the door, the AC won't cool the room.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter