SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Gearing up for our SSR stay in March 2019! This will be our first trip to WDW since 2011 and our belated 30th Anniversary trip. Hoping to get the same room in Congress Park we had for our 25th Anniversary. It was the best, 1st floor overlooking Disney Springs, (at that time it was still DDD I believe). This trip would not be possible without our DVC membership.

For those considering SSR, I really don't find it so far to walk from Congress Park to the Carriage House at all. And the walk to Disney Springs is so easy! OR just hop on the boat and go across the water. So easy. You'll love it, I'm sure.

Just a heads up, apparently they have got the test room(s) up and running for the SSR refurb, although they will not let guests go and see them if they ask.[/QUOT

Oh no! When are they planning on doing the refurb? Please don't say March 2019!
I don't want to cancel my 30+ belated anniversary trip!
18157949_1901609010054087_1517569159489067585_n.png

Oh no! When are they planning on doing the refurb? Please don't say March 2019!
I don't want to cancel my 30+ belated anniversary trip!
View attachment 355017
Doubt it will start that early but may do, they've just said 2019. They may say more at member's meeting.
They'll do blocks / floors one at a time so suspect you will be able to steer clear.

Can anyone please post a link to the October 2018 Resort Activities Calendar for SSR?

The places I've checked still have last month's calendar and not this month's.

Thanks in advance.

So...I'm struggling with deciding about room requests for an upcoming trip and I was hoping to hear some opinions from people who have more experience staying at Saratoga than I do...since I've only been once!

Last May, we stayed in the southern-most Paddock building (6501-6836 according to the map I'm looking at). We really enjoyed the spot. We had a water view, a relatively close walk to Disney Springs and easy access to the Congress Park bus stop. Now I'm trying to decide if I should make an effort to get a room in the same area or try something a little different.

We're going again in February for a short resort-only trip, so we will be spending a lot more time in and around the resort as well as going to Disney Springs. I'm very tempted by some views I've seen from the second building (5101-5436) using Touring Plan's room finder tool. I also like that it faces more south...one of the only downsides to our room in May was that it faced west so in the evenings, the glare (and heat) from the setting sun could be problematic. I'm also torn regarding the longer walk to Disney Springs...but we won't be doing long days at the parks so our feet should theoretically be able to handle the extra steps and part of what we love about Saratoga IS getting out to enjoy the ambiance and scenery, plus we could always take a bus either all the way to DS or just to the Congress Park stop and walk from there.

Well, I've rambled without getting a specific question out...but basically, does anyone have any experience staying in that second building north of the Paddock pool? Are the views worth the extra distance from Disney Springs? Can you hear noise from the pool or much noise from the fire department located across the road?

So...I'm struggling with deciding about room requests for an upcoming trip and I was hoping to hear some opinions from people who have more experience staying at Saratoga than I do...since I've only been once!

Last May, we stayed in the southern-most Paddock building (6501-6836 according to the map I'm looking at). We really enjoyed the spot. We had a water view, a relatively close walk to Disney Springs and easy access to the Congress Park bus stop. Now I'm trying to decide if I should make an effort to get a room in the same area or try something a little different.

We're going again in February for a short resort-only trip, so we will be spending a lot more time in and around the resort as well as going to Disney Springs. I'm very tempted by some views I've seen from the second building (5101-5436) using Touring Plan's room finder tool. I also like that it faces more south...one of the only downsides to our room in May was that it faced west so in the evenings, the glare (and heat) from the setting sun could be problematic. I'm also torn regarding the longer walk to Disney Springs...but we won't be doing long days at the parks so our feet should theoretically be able to handle the extra steps and part of what we love about Saratoga IS getting out to enjoy the ambiance and scenery, plus we could always take a bus either all the way to DS or just to the Congress Park stop and walk from there.

Well, I've rambled without getting a specific question out...but basically, does anyone have any experience staying in that second building north of the Paddock pool? Are the views worth the extra distance from Disney Springs? Can you hear noise from the pool or much noise from the fire department located across the road?

Hi! We just returned from there a few days ago. (Post Disney Depression is so real) We stayed in room 5414 which is a one bedroom, right in the corner of the building, overlooking the Paddock pool. We absolutely loved it! We stayed in Grandstand and Springs before, but we all said this was probably our favorite spot. The Paddock Grill was convenient, the pool and pool slide were great! There were plenty of other people there but there were always chairs available, and it didn’t feel like “people soup” in the pool. The fire department is across the street and yes you can hear it. Outside, on the balcony or in the pool area, it was loud. Inside was quieter of course but could still hear it a tiny bit but it did not bother us. From our balcony we enjoyed watching the Balloon going up over at Disney Springs. Enjoy your trip!

E097AA18-E8E1-4821-A3BA-657AC4453CEA.jpeg This was our view from 5414 in the Paddock. (Not the best photo but some of my better ones are not uploading because they are too large)

That's a pretty view!

Ideally, we'd love to be able to get a water view room with a view similar to this one (from TouringPlans). This is room 5101, so I think it's on the end of the building closest to the pool which is why I'm a little worried about possible noise. But for that view...I could put up with a little racket! :)
5101.JPG

This was our view in May, from the southern-most building.
alknuhhEUpG-5BSLBeJg9ttjGQHMIdsm9i6aFH5-DcdgoQLhk-Wo-EQNwzvp1P5xq9ASB7TYD2P4k2F1lv5da4f88NLr2pZSYrLU5oKK1jCOrsLBhmF72bAd_NVQKA_XIaGpQ0h0cf_27mM2Uvib0P84QOEpuZKFkr4k5cJfz6c2FcCVh6Z28r4-32fb073xSw5urHTz-lTjX_Mb5zVyaAkKQXQdqaLhPmyVwUu8-UZAFftoXLHFNYAryLCA3DZaFz9O-cC_Pf82DZhWvN7tjLMbyD-lKbBESk_VUJ7oaQBEmc0wOrh658g_B8T5eFTLUx21Jne9nckK9-Xa0-7VQBWGaIcufz56A3Ud8Vix4HBUNihMIAp9mE633WDl7bRC9zQl5Z03Ns8nw5dmT7YMm8o2LBP0DA-iFR-ehTnX0WVHQk5SzhhFyaLM03pYPmU8ykGBg8LGnIn7BDEwrZDUYyZJiA4vLyXwLpji7tJ_LByIyPbJ1tIDmL3rJWb_toNO8phRtgkb3Xyxa7sU2-cRS7iRQ0rbxzfIMarHM9ym_fxcadPKGQ18mDuZ1Mhgl5ZIFC7Sj2aFXWS5MCDkqxt8sRYLlTxX6iO-drbTd4xSuNxRpJFlIbwytwOfWI1E35Qy=w838-h628-no

That's a pretty view!

Ideally, we'd love to be able to get a water view room with a view similar to this one (from TouringPlans). This is room 5101, so I think it's on the end of the building closest to the pool which is why I'm a little worried about possible noise. But for that view...I could put up with a little racket! :)
5101.JPG

This was our view in May, from the southern-most building.
alknuhhEUpG-5BSLBeJg9ttjGQHMIdsm9i6aFH5-DcdgoQLhk-Wo-EQNwzvp1P5xq9ASB7TYD2P4k2F1lv5da4f88NLr2pZSYrLU5oKK1jCOrsLBhmF72bAd_NVQKA_XIaGpQ0h0cf_27mM2Uvib0P84QOEpuZKFkr4k5cJfz6c2FcCVh6Z28r4-32fb073xSw5urHTz-lTjX_Mb5zVyaAkKQXQdqaLhPmyVwUu8-UZAFftoXLHFNYAryLCA3DZaFz9O-cC_Pf82DZhWvN7tjLMbyD-lKbBESk_VUJ7oaQBEmc0wOrh658g_B8T5eFTLUx21Jne9nckK9-Xa0-7VQBWGaIcufz56A3Ud8Vix4HBUNihMIAp9mE633WDl7bRC9zQl5Z03Ns8nw5dmT7YMm8o2LBP0DA-iFR-ehTnX0WVHQk5SzhhFyaLM03pYPmU8ykGBg8LGnIn7BDEwrZDUYyZJiA4vLyXwLpji7tJ_LByIyPbJ1tIDmL3rJWb_toNO8phRtgkb3Xyxa7sU2-cRS7iRQ0rbxzfIMarHM9ym_fxcadPKGQ18mDuZ1Mhgl5ZIFC7Sj2aFXWS5MCDkqxt8sRYLlTxX6iO-drbTd4xSuNxRpJFlIbwytwOfWI1E35Qy=w838-h628-no

We could see that walkway to the Springs section across the pond if we looked to the right. Our room was right on top of the pool. That view looks like it would be just towards the back of the same building. Which would also put you a bit farther from the firehouse noise too. We called 10 days in advance of check in and just requested “near Paddock pool”. Good luck with your requests!

Anyone here right now? We have two gallons of bottled water and about 12-15 bottles of corona that we won’t touch before we check out Friday... if you’d like them let me know. We’re in Grandstand :-)

So are they going to put the pumps of toiletries in all the resorts? I had read that they weren't going to do that with the Deluxes, but really have no idea. But with SSR in the Deluxe category it made me wonder.

First trip to SSR in January. If I order a Minnie Van where will it pick me up? Do I have to be at the main location? The Carriage House?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter