SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Looks like it would be $24 a night to park our car at SSR. Do they still give you the paper parking pass? When do you pay the parking fees?
No not dvc members. Used RCI points to book SSR.
From what I've read...

1) When people trade in via RCI for a week, they are not being charged the parking fee, and
2) everyone staying onsite may use the magic band to enter the theme park parking lots during their stay and they wave you through. Not sure whether they still provide a paper parking pass since some people don't even go to the front desk to check-in, doing so via their smart phones.

If someone has had a different experience, hopefully they'll correct this. :cutie:

Gotta noise question here. I usually always prefer either the ground floor or the very top floor of resorts, (as long as the aren't over like four stories). Ground floor for not having the need to use the elevators and the top floor for no noise above your room. Are the rooms at SSR noisy? If you are on a lower floor, how well are the rooms above you sound proofed? I am going to put in the Paddock area for my first request, but not sure if I want a ground floor or fourth floor request for my second, so I thought I would ask.

My wife and I fled hurricane Irma and ended up at Saratoga. Even during that, we hardly heard any noise.

1) Paddock
2) Near pool

If you call to put the request in, they may let you combine the two requests as near Paddock pool. There are some buildings in Paddock that are a bit of a walk from the pool, so just being in Paddock will not necessarily mean you're close to the pool.

For what it's worth, I really wanted to be near the Paddock pool as well, but didn't really want to be in some of the further Paddock buildings. I decided that being near any pool was most important and would put me in a good location so "near pool" was my only request. We ended up being placed in Grandstand in the building that's both right next to the pool and closest to the Springs/main hub section. Although the pool didn't have a slide and the cool kiddie section that Paddock has, it was also less crowded and the kids still had a blast in the fountain play area they have. There's also a drink station and it was a short walk to the main pool, restaurant, quick service, etc. Also being at Grandstand meant we always had a seat on the bus when we went to the parks and were the first ones dropped off at the resort.

I'm not trying to change your mind or anything, just explaining why we put our request the way we did and how it worked out for us, even though Grandstand wouldn't have been my first choice.

I agree...We always request the Grandstand section. I had heard that they were considering making this a preferred section. I hope not!

Somewhere buried back in this thread is a post I wrote about the sofa beds. My DD32 slept on one a couple years ago, and the first night she was extremely uncomfortable. The mattress is quite thin and she could feel the supports underneath it. She asked at the front desk if there was anything that could be done, and they promptly offered to have some egg crate foam delivered to our room, which tells me that this is not the first time they have heard about this issue. She used one layer of it and found it to be an improvement, but she asked for a second layer, and that did the trick. I will say she is fussier about her sleeping accommodations than most, but I can see where the mattress alone would probably not be comfortable. Again, that was a couple years ago, and perhaps they have changed out the sofa beds or mattresses. But the egg crate foam seems to be readily available, if you don't want to haul your own mattress pads around.

Good to know. Thank you

I agree...We always request the Grandstand section. I had heard that they were considering making this a preferred section. I hope not!

if they did they would have to lower points for standard again which would be fine with me :) or drop preferred points which I doubt they would do

Hi all - just preparing for our SSR stay next month... did I read somewhere that there is now a charge for using the washing machines and dryers that are near the pools? They were free of charge last year.

Thank you

Hi all - just preparing for our SSR stay next month... did I read somewhere that there is now a charge for using the washing machines and dryers that are near the pools? They were free of charge last year.

Thank you

We were there in May 2018 (on rented points) and used the laundry facilities at one of the pools. There was no charge at that time. We didn't have to scan our bands or anything to use them, just to get into the actual laundry room. I mention this because I don't know how they would have differentiated between a guest staying on points versus someone paying cash.

Thank you all! We are paying cash for the resort but it doesn't sound like it has changed since last year, which is good.

Really enjoying our 2 night stay at SS which we booked at the last minute.

The only villas left were preferred & we are in the Springs. Honestly though I’d book preferred going forward. We did not like POR in part b/c we were so far away from everything, but loved CBR after booking preferred. So worth the extra points for us to be able to quickly access the main pool, community centre, food etc.

We’ve really enjoyed our stay - Artist’s Palette, pools, etc. Our first stay as SS owners, but we’ll be back next summer.

Does anyone know if SS still has the small bottles of toiletries? Or have they installed the large bottle dispensers?

Just back from our first stay at SSR and we loved it! Was a bit worried after reading a few reviews but we found everything lovely (and actually preferred it to our previous stay at Beach Club)! One thing that did surprise me was, after speaking with others that have stayed here, I thought the sofa bed would have the sheets on ready for us to add blankets and pillows. Is this no longer the case?

Just back from our first stay at SSR and we loved it! Was a bit worried after reading a few reviews but we found everything lovely (and actually preferred it to our previous stay at Beach Club)! One thing that did surprise me was, after speaking with others that have stayed here, I thought the sofa bed would have the sheets on ready for us to add blankets and pillows. Is this no longer the case?
We had to make ours at SSR last Sun but it was already made up at BRV on Tues. I think it’s hit or miss.

Count down is on 3 weeks till our trip. First time in a 2 bedroom. Going to be there for a week. We were lucky enough to get moonlight magic at HS, also going MNSSHP. We have have stayed in studios at SSR and they were good. I know it’s hit or miss on the condition of the rooms. Hopefully the weather will be good. Might hit Blizzard Beach for part of a day.

Count down is on 3 weeks till our trip. First time in a 2 bedroom. Going to be there for a week. We were lucky enough to get moonlight magic at HS, also going MNSSHP. We have have stayed in studios at SSR and they were good. I know it’s hit or miss on the condition of the rooms. Hopefully the weather will be good. Might hit Blizzard Beach for part of a day.
We arrive three weeks today too! See you there!

Can anyone tell me if there are showers at the Pool in the Grandstand section? Cannot find an answer reading through various sites. Thanks!

I just called to request Paddock for our trip that begins on 9/21. I was told that I could not make any requests until 9/12. Is this the case? You can’t make room requests until you’re within 10 days of your trip?

I just called to request Paddock for our trip that begins on 9/21. I was told that I could not make any requests until 9/12. Is this the case? You can’t make room requests until you’re within 10 days of your trip?

I didn't know it was a "rule" but I'd always been advised (unofficially, not by staff) that it's best to make your room requests via phone or fax about 5 days before your arrival since that's supposedly when room assignments are made. You can do the requests through the online check-in process WAY earlier than that, but you're more limited in what you can ask for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter