• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I got moved from BWV to SSR due to renovations. I've been meaning to try SSR and now I'm being forced, so yay! I know nothing about SSR, however.

I have a standard 1 bedroom booked. I 'd like to be close to a bus stop and the Carriage House for groceries. Basically, I'd like to minimize my walking. I do enough of that in the parks. 😭 I won't have a car.

Whart should I request? I'm thinking Paddock, but maybe I'm wrong? 🤷‍♀️

I got moved from BWV to SSR due to renovations. I've been meaning to try SSR and now I'm being forced, so yay! I know nothing about SSR, however.

I have a standard 1 bedroom booked. I 'd like to be close to a bus stop and the Carriage House for groceries. Basically, I'd like to minimize my walking. I do enough of that in the parks. 😭 I won't have a car.

Request specific buildings via email or chat, either the building starting with room 5501 in Paddock or 8501 in Grandstand. You might have a slightly better chance at the grandstand building.

We love Grandstand close to Carriage House & it's the first bus stop which is a bonus.

Where can I find a list of kitchen supplies in a 2 bedroom? Also, how does towel & trash service work? Can you request extra towels? Party will include me, my husband and 3 college age.

Saratoga is honestly awesome. I know it's not the most convenient to the parks, but the resort itself is fantastic. As long as you don't go into vacation expecting to get to the parks in 15 minutes or less from your hotel room, then you'll be fine.

Loved it so much I wrote a review about it. https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...vc-saratoga-springs-last-minute-trip.3914742/

Where can I find a list of kitchen supplies in a 2 bedroom? Also, how does towel & trash service work? Can you request extra towels? Party will include me, my husband and 3 college age.
We have always had a mix of plates/bowls/cups...Silverware and kitchen utensils plus pots/pans.

Trash is picked up daily....on days 4 and 8 they will remove/replace towels...If you need more just call housekeeping and ask for new ones at any point.

You can call housekeeping to request more towels, coffee, creamer, etc at anytime during any dvc stay. You need to be in your room to receive. They will come take trash daily during security checks. On day four of a 7 night stay, you will receive towel service.

I have an upcoming stay in a 2 bedroom. First time in a DVC! From what I’ve read on here, I think Paddock would be great for our family (at least the pool looks great). I’m thinking of requesting building 5101. Is that an ok walk to the Carousel bus stop? Or is it really far? It’s hard to tell on a map. We are a family of 6, with a double stroller, so I am a little worried about seating on the bus if we get on at the paddock bus stop. We don’t all need seats, but it’d be nice if we could have a couple so my twin 2 year olds could be sitting on laps. Hoping to rope drop so buses may be more full. Thoughts from the pros?

I have an upcoming stay in a 2 bedroom. First time in a DVC! From what I’ve read on here, I think Paddock would be great for our family (at least the pool looks great). I’m thinking of requesting building 5101. Is that an ok walk to the Carousel bus stop? Or is it really far? It’s hard to tell on a map. We are a family of 6, with a double stroller, so I am a little worried about seating on the bus if we get on at the paddock bus stop. We don’t all need seats, but it’d be nice if we could have a couple so my twin 2 year olds could be sitting on laps. Hoping to rope drop so buses may be more full. Thoughts from the pros?
The Carousel stop is super close. We stayed in the Carousel bldg right across from the Carousel stop and we loved the location. Even the walk from the Carousel stop to the Paddock stop was maybe 5 minutes, if that. If you’re worried about getting the double stroller on the bus, you’ll be fine walking to the Carousel stop from bldg 5101. Have fun! We love Saratoga.

Th
The Carousel stop is super close. We stayed in the Carousel bldg right across from the Carousel stop and we loved the location. Even the walk from the Carousel stop to the Paddock stop was maybe 5 minutes, if that. If you’re worried about getting the double stroller on the bus, you’ll be fine walking to the Carousel stop from bldg 5101. Have fun! We love Saratoga.
Thank you! So excited about our first stay there:)

The Carousel bus stop is in front of Paddock building 45. We just stayed there last week. We had a car, so we didn't use the bus.

The Paddock's assigned bus stop is at the pool.

Pro Tip: The walk to the Paddock pool from the Paddock buildings is shorter / quicker on the parking lot side of the building, not the lake side.

When you check in, and the room they offer is far, then go to lobby and ask to wait for another room if possible. There is quite of a bit of difference of walking depending on where you are placed in SSR. For example the far building in grandstand is a WALK to everything bascially and to be avoided, but the closest grandstand building is very nicely positioned to carriage house. Everything in carousel is a bit of a WALK. Generally, your better off to request paddock rooms I think, because best case your right next to pool and across the bridge from main area, and worst case, you are close to the springs entrance OR right next to carousel's bus stop. I think almost all the rooms have nice views too. If you request grandstand, only 1/3 chance of good placement.

When are you going? Even during busy spring break time in 2023 rope drop was not an issue with buses, we had 9 people total and were the only ones on the bus at least two mornings. We were at the paddock building right next to the pool which is right where the bus stop is. If me I’d request that. Your twins are gonna love the kids play area at paddock pool!

When are you going? Even during busy spring break time in 2023 rope drop was not an issue with buses, we had 9 people total and were the only ones on the bus at least two mornings. We were at the paddock building right next to the pool which is right where the bus stop is. If me I’d request that. Your twins are gonna love the kids play area at paddock pool!
I second this. The paddock pool is fantastic, as is the pool bar there. Best part is it’s 5 minute walk over the bridge to the main pool if you want to switch it up.

I second this. The paddock pool is fantastic, as is the pool bar there. Best part is it’s 5 minute walk over the bridge to the main pool if you want to switch it up.
May 17-25, so shouldn’t be too busy;) Thanks for the advice!

May 17-25, so shouldn’t be too busy;) Thanks for the advice!
We get there on 25th through 6/1.

It doesn’t look like it’s going to be crazy based on ticket deals, hotel deals, and how easy adr were at 60 for our week. Your week might pick up at end but should be pretty decent too the rest of the time. Apparently from what I can gather Memorial Day weekend is one of the lighter holidays to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter