• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Splitsville Member Night

GEOLIZ

Earning My Ears
Has anyone gone to Splitsville on a DVC member night? I was able to make a reservation for next week but what is listed on the website differs from the info I was given when I made the reservation with member services. Just trying to know what to expect and if it makes sense to do the member night or go another time.

My wife and I went in 2019. I can comment about that but don't know if anything has changed since then. I don't remember what the cost was then but I remember it being a good value and a good time.

It was nice because everything was already set up when we arrived. We were told what lane to go to and they already had our shoes there, names loaded in the scoring system, etc. They gave us some dvc bowling socks and we got a bowling pin as a souvenir at the end.

For food we were able to get an appetizer, soft drink, and entree. I don't recall if dessert was also included or not but I remember wishing we came with emptier stomachs lol and didn't have dessert for that reason. I'm pretty sure we had to pay for alcohol as well.

Ultimately it was fun, they had the whole group in one section. We were paired up with another couple it was fun to talk about home resorts, vacations, etc.

I will say for us it was kind of a "one and done" but that wasn't because it was bad or anything. There's just too many other things we'd like to try. But I'd definitely recommend it to anyone that hasn't done it, especially if you like to bowl.

My wife and I also did it in 2019. The cost then was $40 per person with 2 hours of bowling. I just booked again for this July and it is now $60 per person for 1 1/2 hours of bowling. The food offerings seem the same now as they were then.

On paper, I guess $60 DVC fee vs if you booked on your own:

$34 for lane (reserved vs $24 walk up)
$20 for entree
$7 for drink
$7 for 1/2 app

Total ~$68 ... maxed out on appetizer, drink and and entree you could probably get to $80.

... plus socks.

Probably 'worth' it if your whole group is hungry and you don't want to wait list the walk-up. If you don't care about waiting, walk-up might be a bit cheaper.... but those socks... must-have-the-socks!!!

Thanks for this break down. I am trying to justify because I think it would be a fun thing to do, but we have a group of 7 adults and that just adds up way too quick...

Everyone needs socks though, right?

Thanks for this break down. I am trying to justify because I think it would be a fun thing to do, but we have a group of 7 adults and that just adds up way too quick...

Everyone needs socks though, right?
I'm right there with you... We have 5... Watched a video said they 'rounded up' appetizers... So with 7 you should get 4!

We buy discounted Disney gift cards... Use those either way, but softens the sting a bit...

48 or maybe 72 hour cancellation, so we probably book it and decide later (read we are doing it...hehe)

Good luck! Have fun!

Our party of 8 did it last year. Although it was fun, I’m not positive if it was monetarily a savings. We did get socks for the people in our group that had smaller feet, but the men did not get them, as they were “out of stock.” For us, it was a one and done.

Reporting back - we had an awesome time! I would say it is worth it if you are hungry!

We ended up with 5 bowling on the 'deal' and 2 that did not bowl, but joined us and paid separately.

We arrived like 15-20 minutes early. Make sure your whole party is there when you check in... they start the timer as soon as you checkin - so it's not 6-7:30, it's 90 min from when you check in! ( we had a couple straggle in late)

They had socks for everyone - even bigger feet! ( but not huge feet - my son wears size 14 :) ).

The food was very good. We asked what was most bang for buck on apps - the nachos -they were big. We got 2 of those, and I think a shrimp thing.

I don't remember what everyone ordered as the main dish, but they were huge portions, and yummy. I had the aha tuna salad, it was fantastic... we've had the sushi there before - it's good. We ended up with 3 boxes to take home - even with an extra 2 eating off our appetizers!! (2 boxes of leftovers got pitched ...) - which is why I say go there hungry. We probably would not have ordered that much food if we would have just gone bowling.

The staff was fantastic. They even gave us an extra 15 min or so to finish our series... so we got in 3 games! We aren't great bowlers, but also not new to bowling ... don't expect much from the house balls... the heaviest is 14 maybe 15 lbs ... and no fingertip ( as expected for house balls )...

We had a wonderful time.

Have fun!

PS My son is still pissed I beat him by 4 pins, I needed a double in the 10th :P

Last edited:
Has anyone gone to Splitsville on a DVC member night? I was able to make a reservation for next week but what is listed on the website differs from the info I was given when I made the reservation with member services. Just trying to know what to expect and if it makes sense to do the member night or go another time.
Does anyone know if resale DVC qualify for this event or is it direct DVC only?

Our party of 8 did it last year. Although it was fun, I’m not positive if it was monetarily a savings. We did get socks for the people in our group that had smaller feet, but the men did not get them, as they were “out of stock.” For us, it was a one and done.
I wanted to update my review of last year. My husband and I decided last minute to do this recently. Since it was only he and I instead of our large party of 8, the experience was vastly different. When we had 8, there was much more of a push to get the bowling done and not as much time to enjoy our meal. With the 2 of us, we had a much more laid back experience and found it to be a great deal. I’d definitely do this again in the future with a smaller group of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter