Split stay-transferring cold groceries

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
I am booked for a split stay--3 nights POR, 2 nights Dolphin. How do I go about moving cold groceries? It is my understanding that the Dolphin does not have a cold storage area. Is it silly to even try to move cold food? I had planned on buying a few things, but am most worried about products such as oat milk and lunch meat.

Should I pack a small cooler just for a few items, and fill it with ice before giving my luggage to be moved? Or should I just forget about it and buy new cold stuff when we move to the Dolphin? I hate to do that as their gift shop items are super expensive.

Ideas??

For the oat milk, perhaps consider buying two, shelf-stable containers (one for each resort), so you don't have to deal with transferring an open bottle that needs refrigeration. You could certainly try the cooler idea for the deli meat. Worse comes to worse, you buy new meat at Dolphin or even the Beach Club Marketplace.

Yea, if you don't have a car and are relying on Disney transporting your luggage, I'd be hesitant to have them transport anything in a cooler with ice. I didn't realize Dolphin doesn't even offer refrigeration when holding luggage - although none of the Disney resorts will transfer refrigerated items any longer anyway.

I agree that the prices at Swan/Dolphin are crazy expensive for food items. A pint of milk was more than a half-gallon at the Boardwalk store. I don't bother with groceries at Swan/Dolphin any more.
I would probably try the cooler idea if I had items to transport. If it doesn't work out, you can buy more.

Too much stress for 2 days. I’d just pay up for the coffee shop in the morning and look online before departing to see what the best deal for lunch is in the park I was hitting those days.

I'd walk to the speedway garage near the Boardwalk for fresh, refridgerated items at much cheaper prices. We often visit for milk, snacks etc.

Should I pack a small cooler just for a few items, and fill it with ice before giving my luggage to be moved?
Disney will not move cold items anymore, even if you pack them yourself in a cooler with ice. Their transport trucks are not refrigerated, and they won't take the risk that something might become too warm. So if you pack a small cooler, you can take that and your luggage to the Dolphin yourself via Uber/Lyft or taxi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter