Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

I can't believe it is getting so close. I went back to work today and looked at the calendar and realized we are just 6 weeks away! Hopefully it goes quick. Can't wait to see all the swag you've gotten so far. Don't forget to order extra Tinkerbell gifts for Casey :-)

Morning Everyone!

I am still torn. I am leaning towards just letting her miss the day. Andy only wants to do it if we are going to ACTUALLY be there ON Morgan's birthday. He thinks giving it to her as a gift for the next week, isn't quiet as cool. Which it's not.

I found a flight on Frontier that leaves on Thursday at 2:10. I hate Frontier but the time is better than Southwest. This would hopefully allow Gwen to take the tests on Thursday Morning, and then we can pull them out of school and head straight to the airport. And then Frontier has a flight home on Sunday that leaves at 6:09 at night. So, we would get in on Thursday at a reasonable time and get 2 full park days and then half a day-ish before we have to leave for the airport.

I think I need to find a decent price on a hotel and then I can sway Andy over. (and myself a little still)

PARCC is presumably on it's way out in NJ. The governor says he's trying to phase it out, an appellate ruling just overturned it as a measure for high school graduation, the writing is on the wall. If your only concern is that, take her the heck out of school!
THANKS!!!! This does make me feel much better. I need to still talk it out with DH. I mean what happens if a kid if sick during it? Now that you meantion it, I remember hearing about not being able to use it for high school graduation. And really, Gwen is in 3rd Grade, no where near high school. I don't think she will not graduate by her missing a day or two of testing. right?
Pull her out of school and go to DISNEY!:dumbo:
I am ALL for this. The tests just make it a little harder. They will be out 6 days for the February trip coming up. So, we will want to make this a fairly short trip. Plus I don't have a ton on extra vacation days. Silly life getting in the way of our fun.

I can't believe it is getting so close. I went back to work today and looked at the calendar and realized we are just 6 weeks away! Hopefully it goes quick. Can't wait to see all the swag you've gotten so far. Don't forget to order extra Tinkerbell gifts for Casey :-)
I know right!!!! I am patiently (well note really) waiting for all of my stuff to arrive.

I'm sorry I got so behind, I've had zero time lately to update my report or follow anyone else's and I seem to always come to the PTR board last :o but all caught up now!

Everyone has chimed in on everything so I'll just say that your plans look great :thumbsup2 As for requesting a late check-out, you can do that once you're there, not before, just be aware that they are turned down more than granted. But that doesn't mean you WON'T get it!

I'm not a fan of state testing which we have here also, or standardized testing in general. State testing goes through 8th grade so Ricky's been done for a few years and this is Chris's last. The last few years, many kids have been "opting out". If you do this there's no penalty to not taking them, however if you just don't show up then you end up with a 0 (or incomplete or whatever) and can get referred for special help as if you scored low which is ridiculous. So anyway my vote is to have her miss lol, especially since you'd be there for our EPIC trip!!

I'm not a fan of state testing which we have here also, or standardized testing in general. State testing goes through 8th grade so Ricky's been done for a few years and this is Chris's last. The last few years, many kids have been "opting out". If you do this there's no penalty to not taking them, however if you just don't show up then you end up with a 0 (or incomplete or whatever) and can get referred for special help as if you scored low which is ridiculous. So anyway my vote is to have her miss lol, especially since you'd be there for our EPIC trip!!
Hmmm, I just emailed Morgan's teacher about it. (Gwen's teacher is married to Morgan's and is on maternity leave at the moment, and I don't love the sub tha tshe has) It would be just one day she would end up missing. She would be able to take the rest of the days.

I WAS going to say that we were leaning towards going for it. But that actually worries me. Gwen def does not need special help. I would hope that the school would know that. They have both gotten straight A's and only a B or two, here and there.

I know, I would love to be able to see everyone! If we do book it though, it would probably only be a quick hello as the trip will be for Morgan and not me... Ha!

I think Gwen will love the 5th sleeper in Riverside preferred rooms anyway! I think they were Princess and the Frog themed and super cute! And like you said being close will be awesome so late in your trip, gotta save those extra steps!

And how exciting that you might be able to get an extra trip in there! I say just take Gwen out and go on the trip! Hopefully it all works out! I feel like that would be so special for Morgan

I think you could make it work if you're fine with having her skip one day of the testing. That would be an awesome birthday gift!
And how exciting that you might be able to get an extra trip in there! I say just take Gwen out and go on the trip! Hopefully it all works out! I feel like that would be so special for Morgan
Right!!! I mean how amazing would it be to be in Disney on your birthday!

I am literally swaying from one side to the other by the minute! I sent a note to the teacher. I will see what he says.

Hi Everyone!!!!

We are booked for May!!!! I am sooooo excited! We will be there on Morgan's birthday. She is going to loose her mind!!!!

I got us a really good rate to fly there and back, even with us flying home on a Sunday evening. We are flying Frontier and I did not pay for specific seats. I am rolling the dice that we can get 2 sets of 2 together. That is all we need. We will see how THAT goes.

It will be a short trip, but we have 2 and a half days and will be staying at the Yacht Club. So, hopefully we will get to spend a little time trying out Stormalong Bay!

So, if we use 2 days for our adult only trip, I have 3 left to burn. ANDY... ANDY says.... When is Morgan's birthday? I say it's on a Friday (May 3rd to be exact). Andy says... what if we go for a short trip for her birthday.. That could BE her gift.

Wait........ What???!?!?!

Now the test that Gwen would be taking then is the PARCC testing. It is actually not a reflection on her, it is used for the schools to gauge how the teachers are doing. Most of my teacher friends HATE it

SO, you have already decided, and my quotes are no longer relevant :) YAAAAAY, I'm excited you'll be able to go for Morgan's birthday!! My birthday is on Sunday, 5/5, and I am seriously ELATED, so I can't even imagine how excited she will be when she finds out!

Hopefully we'll bump into each other while we're there!!

So, Andy's office has switched to unlimited vacation.
What???? Is this a thing!!!!!! That is amazing.

So, if we use 2 days for our adult only trip, I have 3 left to burn. ANDY... ANDY says.... When is Morgan's birthday? I say it's on a Friday (May 3rd to be exact). Andy says... what if we go for a short trip for her birthday.. That could BE her gift.
#DisneyMath

When did you decide for August?

So, we have 3 options:
A) The testing is 5 days, we could go as planned and have Gwen miss 1 or 2 of the testing days.
B) Give Morgan a gift to open on her birthday saying that we are going to Disney next weekend.
C) Just give up on the idea... :(
Given what I saw on facebook I think I know how this is going to end up!

I found a flight on Frontier that leaves on Thursday at 2:10. I hate Frontier but the time is better than Southwest.
We are so on the opposite page. I'll take Southwest over Frontier any day as we had a horrible experience on them a few years ago.

Jealous you were able to find airfare though. I haven't been able to find anything decently priced yet. I even checked Frontier but they don't fly to Orlando on the days I need.

What???? Is this a thing!!!!!! That is amazing.
I have it too! Well, if you ask HR, they are adamant it's not unlimited vacation - just flexible vacation. I think a lot of companies are shifting towards this because it is better financially for them. No need to pay out unused vacation time, and some employees end up not using the amount of time they should because they are worried about billing hours/utilization. But that is how this year I have an (almost) 2-week Disney trip, a 1-week trip, a 3-week Asia trip, and a 1-week trip between Christmas and new years! Hey, I'm taking advantage of it while I can!

We will be neighbors! I will be at the Yacht Club 5/1-5/7, yay! How fun for you all!
I know! I am excitied.

When did you decide for August?
We are going the week of August 12th - 16th. No airfare or hotels booked yet. Do you guys know when you will probably go in August?

Given what I saw on facebook I think I know how this is going to end up!
Ha! Right?

We are so on the opposite page. I'll take Southwest over Frontier any day as we had a horrible experience on them a few years ago.
I would def take Southwest over Frontier. It is just that they both only have 2 maybe 3 flights a day. So, it sometimes becomes who has the better times. Which is basiclally what this trip came down. We can't use Jet Blue from Philly, well we could if we wanted to fly to Boston first... No thanks.

I have it too! Well, if you ask HR, they are adamant it's not unlimited vacation - just flexible vacation. I think a lot of companies are shifting towards this because it is better financially for them. No need to pay out unused vacation time, and some employees end up not using the amount of time they should because they are worried about billing hours/utilization. But that is how this year I have an (almost) 2-week Disney trip, a 1-week trip, a 3-week Asia trip, and a 1-week trip between Christmas and new years! Hey, I'm taking advantage of it while I can!
That is awesome. I had no idea. I work for the government - which has very generous leave - but certainly not unlimited.

We are going the week of August 12th - 16th. No airfare or hotels booked yet. Do you guys know when you will probably go in August?
Woohoo!!!!!! We'll likely be down there around the same time so hopefully the girls like each other next month :-) We haven't made any plans at all yet we are waiting until after the February trip to see how we like Shades of Green. But our APs expire on the 19th so it will def be that week.

Woohoo!!!!!! We'll likely be down there around the same time so hopefully the girls like each other next month :-) We haven't made any plans at all yet we are waiting until after the February trip to see how we like Shades of Green. But our APs expire on the 19th so it will def be that week.
Yeah!!!! I know that we plan to make it a much more laid back trip, with lots of pool time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter