Split stay discount strategy

Luvdancink

Mouseketeer
We are looking at a ten day split stay. We plan to rent dvc for 1/2 and stay deluxe the rest. What are the rules generally to get discounts and reservations should we need to rebook part of our stay when they come out? To get a weekend covered is there a minimum length of stay? Do most discounts have a min or max number of nights?

if you rent points aren't you staying deluxe? why not just do a split rental if you want 2 different resorts? you can add the dining plan to both or just one.

We are looking at a ten day split stay. We plan to rent dvc for 1/2 and stay deluxe the rest. What are the rules generally to get discounts and reservations should we need to rebook part of our stay when they come out? To get a weekend covered is there a minimum length of stay? Do most discounts have a min or max number of nights?
The only discount that I can think of that has a minimum and maximum number of days is free dining. Otherwise the room only discounts can be for any number of days. You need to check the daily rack rate for the deluxe resorts you are interested in. The room rates are much higher for Thursday through Saturday night and lower for Sunday through Wednesday. There is no guarantee that a discount can be applied to your reservation. But if there is availability for your dates then you will be able to take advantage of it, although it could mean a change in category or resorts.

Do you know what months you are looking at?

Not til February of 2020 but it’s a complicated extended family trip so I need to narrow dates down for all the other families coming. I don’t want to split stay dvc because I have $6000 in chase rewards that I want to use. I just see people having difficulty getting one date of their stay. I don’t have to book any of the stay as dvc but I think it will be cheaper that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!