Split Stay, CBR & Poly, 1/21 - 1/31

omniscientmommy

DIS Veteran
1/21 - There are 4 of us, two adults, two boys ages 4 & 7. So we were scheduled to fly out of Milwaukee at 10 am. Unfortunately our morning was horrible bc ds4 was puking/diarrhea the day before but we got it under control enough for him to get on the plane but an hour before we're going to leave for the airport ds7 starts. So dh and ds7 stayed behind and ds4 and I got on the plane and got to CBR with no issues or incidents.

After arriving at CBR around 3pm the room wasn't ready so we just waited for Orlando for Families to deliver our stroller. After 4pm the room was ready, Jamaica Building 44 room 4401, first floor. It was a few rooms off what I requested using Touring Plans fax so overall not bad. It was a decent walk from OPR but less then 5 min, mind you that is at a 4 yr old speed. They are doing construction for idk what but if you need down time during the afternoon I would not suggest Jamaica. Bell services delivered luggage around 6:30pm. Walmart grocery delivery was horrible and couldn't figure out how to get to OPR but finally after 30 min of talking with them and bell services on how to give directions and use a GPS properly they made it. Bell services delivered food at like 8:30pm. 2 queen beds, super comfy, standard room otherwise, we did have a corner unit w/ 2 windows but since there was construction that was too many!

1/22 - Got up next day to go to Epcot, we slept in until 9 left at 10am. We took the bus from OPR bc we were walking around before and I wanted to get a rapid refill cup. Bus ride 20 - 25 min total with waiting and picking up everyone at all the stops. After only an hr in Epcot I became ill and we had to leave after only riding Nemo and Figment rides. ds4 did not like Figment! Bc I was ill we took a cab back. Laid around in the room for a few hours then took ds4 to play in the sand while I laid in the hammock. Basically didn't do much else other then tv and go to bed.

1/23 - DH and ds7 showed up at like 2am with 30 min of flight delays and also the runaround finding baggage, getting lost at MCO, and then the Magical Express making 10 stops before them. We had the EMM paid for at HS but I got ds4 up only at like 6am and jumped on the bus at 6:45am(used bus app wait times) at Jamaica stop. Got there at around 7am went through bag check pretty quickly and then waited by the theater for the Toy Story area to open. Walked onto TSM and then stayed on for a 2nd ride. Awesome. DS4 then freaked out and refused to do anything else bc he was overtired and I gave it. Went and got the breakfast which ds4 ate 1 bowl of cereal and then we left. Took the bus back to CBR, basically no wait to get back. After we got back to CBR both kids were up, ate cereal and then I took them to play in the sand and pool so dh could get more sleep. After he got up we went to Blizzard beach for 2 hours. Then back to CBR to change and go to MK for an hour or so. Got a few rides in. Ate dinner at Casey's Corner, it's a hotdog and fries. Watched one parade then headed back to CBR using the bus wait times as an estimate for when the bus would be at MK to get back to the hotel. That worked great. Got to see fireworks near Sebastian's.

1/24 - slept until like 7ish got up and packed everything for Bell services to pick up our stuff at 9am(had called the night before and scheduled it) and transfer it to Poly. Bell services showed up at 9:15am and took everything. stayed in the room another hour and found a last min. reservation at 1900 park faire. caught the bus from Jamaica stop over to MK and then since the monorail was broken we had to take the boat. took like 10 min for the boat to show up. dh had to carry ds4 since he twisted his ankle the night before at MK. not cool. boat ride 5 min. checked in at 10 min before our reservation, took 15 min to get the table. rushed bc Mary Poppins was already one table away from ours so we waited to see her. noticed the floor was dirty underneath(like big hunks of waffles) and the salt/pepper shakers were sticky with syrup - had the waitress wipe those down. Overall food was not very good - overcooked and under heat lamps too long. Just boring. Eggs were actually good. The kids saw 3 outta 4 characters before dh said he was too hot and we left. Then we walked over to the Poly, got lost, had 2 ask for directions 2x. Got to Poly, met the in laws there, rooms not ready. So we bummed around outside for an hour and then the monorail was back up so we went to MK for 2 hrs, did a few rides, then came back. Our room was ready, DVC Moorea 3020. View was awesome! Bed - seriously this bed was smaller then at CBR! there is no way that is a queen, definitely a double! Bathrooms - nice but nothing special. Had a kitchenette. Wished we would have got something w/ a full kitchen. Walked over to Spirit of Aloha, food was pretty good and the kids were somewhat happy w/ the luau but they just wanted to see the fire show. Which was awesome and the kids loved. Overall a little goofy with the cheesy dialogue but still cool for cheaper then a flight to Hawaii.

1/25 - Made everyone get up early for the extra magic hour, dh was not happy with that. Rode like 5 rides by 9:30am so totally worth it! It was very chilly w/ the wind. Had reservations at the Crystal Palace, which is basically the same breakfast food as 1900 Park Fare but the in laws and kids loved it. The kids saw all the characters which was great! They were over the moon about that. We did check in a 1/2 hr early for that reservation and they seated us w/in 10 min. Then headed back and chilled at the hotel. Later caught the bus to HS, that took 20 min on the bus and 15 waiting for it. Went and saw the Order and then did Indiana Jones, had dinner from Backlot Express, again food. Indiana Jones had a breakdown on set but was up in 10 min. Kids loved it! Back to the room and slept.

1/26 - At this point ds7 was feeling left out bc dh kept having to carry ds4 onto rides. So we decided to have the in laws take ds4 to MK in the morning and we took ds7 to HS. It was pouring rain and COLD. We did TSM, the alien saucers, and then ds7 had a grill cheese from the lunchbox place. Went and did Star Wars 3D ride, Muppets show, and then headed out. At this point we were soaking wet and freezing. Took a lyft back to the hotel.

1/27 - Slept in, thank goodness. Kinda bummed around the room then decided we should go to a park. Went to MK for like a few hours and back to the hotel for some lunch. dh really wanted to go to AK for a bit took the bus. Again a mistake as the bus takes forever to get there. We walked around and let the kids see stuff but we got a reservation for Tusker House. Kids saw 3 out of 4 characters. DH wasn't impressed with the food, mostly because he didn't ask for an allergy menu and was too proud to do so at that point. I loved the soup they had and the kids ate the kids food. Mostly noodles. After all the we took a cab back. BIG MISTAKE! NEVER take a cab if you can wait for lyft or uber. Cab costs us $30, for that we could have taken a minnie van!

1/28 - Got up early for the magic hour at AK which was pretty cool. Took a Lyft bc there was no way we were waiting on the bus. Got on the river ride to Pandora right away and then did the ride through to see the animals. It was cold. Kids wanted to do stuff at the Dino area but that wasn't open. So we went and checked in early at the Tusker house. Breakfast was pretty awesome. DH was way more impressed with breakfast. Saw all the characters and headed off to UP! - had a fastpass for that. Kids enjoyed it. Did the Jungle Trek and let them run around in the Dino play area for a bit. Also did the Nemo musical, kids didn't care for that. ds4 kept talking and asking q's. After that we left and went to the room. Found a last min. dinner reservation at O'hana and the kids enjoyed the coconut race but really didn't eat much.

1/29 - Got up and headed to Epcot, didn't realize that we'd have to go through bag check 2x and the lines were insane for bag check at the gates at Epcot, total BS! Got through and did the frozen ride we had a fastpass for at 9:30. Kids did not care for it. Ate some pastry over at the cafe there. Sweet pretzels are awesome! Then got a fastpass for Nemo and friends, let the kids play in the play are before that. Then did fastpass and went over to lunch at Biergarten - Germany. I feel that's a waste for us since we're in Milwaukee with a ton of awesome German places but the in laws wanted to go. After lunch we left and went swimming/hot tubing in the quiet pool area for an hour. Then we went and dropped the kids off at Pixar Play. Back to Epcot for us where we had dinner at Teppan Edo. Hands down the best meal of the whole trip - probably partly do to no kids! DH loved the shop downstairs and got a couple things. Then back to Pixar Play to get the kids. Took the monorail - kinda a pain to be honest. Then back to the hotel for some sleep.

1/30 - Slept in, had a big breakfast at O'hana with the whole group, 8 of us. Got pics w/ all the characters and the food was again standard breakfast food. Nothing to write home about. After went and relaxed in the room then the in laws took the kids to Epcot for 1/2 the day. We went to DS via Lyft and walked around. COLD! Really nothing for us there, but we should have eaten there. Instead we went back to MK no kids and with no dining plans ended up eating at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn. It was okay. I had the fajita platter and dh had nachos. Basically a meal to say we ate. Then back to the room for packing and showers. Watched the fireworks and electric light show pretty much every night from the room.

1/31 - Got up early at 5am and took a Lyft to MCO for our 8am flight.

All in all we realized we prefer to have our own car and a full kitchen. My stomach is trashed after so many days of eating out. We are planning our next trip already and it involves an off site stay at a house. Also the boat horn at Poly drove my husband and I insane.

You can look up when a bus is supposed to arrive? I’m new to staying on property. How do you do this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!