• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spending money?

clarabelle

<font color=green>Pandas don't seem to have much o
Would anyone like to share how much they spent out of pocket for their European ABD?
We are doing Ireland in June -and I just wanted a rough idea how much you spent on food and souvenirs if you bought them.
I know part of this is dependent on the exchange rate.
Thanks!!

clarabelle, I don't keep track (reality bites!) but if I get a chance I'll look at my Visa statements from our Italy trip at let you know.

edit: I do know the value of dollar to euro is better this year versus last September. That means I can buy more things, at least to my way of thinking. :)

Thanks Redzinner -don't go to any big trouble
The amount is not going to have an impact on my plans -I just wanted to know what to expect.
I just wanted a "rough" idea :)

Okay a quick look says we
charged about $1375 on food, wine, gifts, souvenirs and
cash withdrawals at ATMs of $870

The cash withdrawals were 3 - 200 euro withdrawals; the $870 reflects exchange rate and bank fees of the Italian banks, not ours.

Total oop $2245 for two adults that didn't budget and did what we wanted, this also includes the tips we gave our guides at the end of the tour.

I didn't keep good track in London/Paris but I'd say that we spent about $2500 for two adults. Almost all of this was on food/drink. I only spent $100 on shopping, plus the $400 in gratuities for our guides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter