• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

spending money tablets

searlproudbottom

DIS Veteran
Hello All

I thought I would share my idea with you all on spending money.
Our Family will be spending nine days at WDW. My Wife and I have allotted $ 100.00 spending money for each family member.
First we went to our local bank and ordered four hundred new one-dollar bills in sequence. Then we went to our local office supply store and purchased a bottle of gum. We made four pieces of cardboard the exact size of a dollar bill and separated the money into four stacks of one hundred we then placed the cardboard on the bottom and glued the edge with Gum. Presto Money Tablets.
How fun is to purchase and item then tear a dollar off your tablet.
Have fun
Searl

Years ago my BIL got one of those as a Christmas bonus. What fun that was to see the cashier's eyes as you pulled off a couple of ones to pay for a small purchase!

Great idea!!

But isn't it a lot heavier and bulkier to carry around 100 1 dollar bills? Are you carrying these tablets of money into the parks with you everyday? And isn't it more time consuming to pull off say 20 1 dollar bills than to pay with a 20? Sorry not trying to knock your idea, if you guys think it is fun I am sure your kids will enjoy it. :)

Dear Disney845
What I did is divide their money into tablets of $25.00, as my oldest is only seven I carry their money for them. This way I can write their names on the back so there money doesn’t get mixed up. You can use any denominations for these tablets. These tablets are no bulkier than lets say a park map or bottle of water. Anything that is enjoyable in life takes some amount of effort. I suppose I could have given my kids their own credit card. They’re not at all bulky. What a novel idea.
Searl

I do not think there is any cause to get sarcastic. I was merely trying to point out that while this exercise may be a fun and cute way for your children to deal with money that it might become cumbersome while carrying it around in a theme park all day long. I was unaware as to what your themepark touring status is. Most people I would venture to say would attempt to carry around the least amount of weight and size as possible, as this helps not only you and your back, but makes it easier to enjoy rides when you don't have too many bulky items to rearrange in your seat with you. I was only trying to point out this perspective, but appearantly it was lost on you. I am sorry that my original post caused you to become sarcastic as it was not my intent. I was only curious as to how this might affect the touring ability of your vacation.

It does sound like a cute and fun idea, but I agree that it would be a real pain to deal with in the parks - at least for me. I just like the ease of not carrying anything with me but our room card.

Dear Disney845

My Apologies for being so sarcastic. Personally I agree with you and GEM, it is a pain in the proudbottomand and takes some effort. Ooooo What a pleasure it would be to tour the parks with only a room card. But as an older father of two little Girls I would tour the parks with a sixty-pound pack if it would make there trip just a little more special.
Have Fun Next week :-)
Searl

I gave my kids "daily spending envelopes" it had $15.00 one dollar disney dollars in them each day ( we were there for 15 so that was lots of disney $$ ) but we only carried just our one day allotment - however they did think it was a big deal to have their own money and counting it out to the cashier was the best. good luck and that is a great tip . Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter