Spectating Tips for Marathon Weekend 2019

overstreetprncss

prncssbex
Hi! DH and I are coming down for Marathon weekend in January. He's doing the Dopey Challenge, but I'm only doing the half with him. I'd like to be able to cheer him on for at least a portion of the 5k, 10k, and full marathon. Based on the Princess and Darkside Runs I've been to it's really hard to see your runners at the actual finish line, so does anyone have any tips of other places along the courses I could see him? Also, the best way to get to those places? We'll be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. Thanks!

5K will be just at the start/finish line
10K - your best best is either at Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach Club. You can take an Uber/Lyft or a Minnie Van
Full Marathon - you can access Main Street before the park opens, or the Animal Kingdom Parking lot (right around when the park opens), in Hollywood Studios (after the park opens) and again at Boardwalk/Swan-Dolphin/Yacht-Beach or actually inside Epcot in the World Showcase.

5K will be just at the start/finish line
10K - your best best is either at Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach Club. You can take an Uber/Lyft or a Minnie Van
Full Marathon - you can access Main Street before the park opens, or the Animal Kingdom Parking lot (right around when the park opens), in Hollywood Studios (after the park opens) and again at Boardwalk/Swan-Dolphin/Yacht-Beach or actually inside Epcot in the World Showcase.

You can get to the TTC as well, which makes it easy to see people there then walk over to Poly/GF and watch them on that side too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter